ID:138223

Is there any way to make a custom Dreamseeker. So I can have a copy of Dream Seeker on my site for download that has a new skin, something so as the Open Location/Open File feature is changed to be a 'Log On to game' option that uses a set location.
It would keep the Byond Banners and any other things you want in it. Also it would need a way to update the version and still retain all the changes.
It wouldnt have any of the other things, just DreamSeeker so the download would be faster and smaller.
This would be a great feature but I want to stress that I dont mean take out all the stuff like the Byond Banner.
This is sort of a mixture between a qeustion (Can I do any of these things with a current Byond version) and a suggestion (Can you add any of these features to a customizable version of the Byond Dream Seeker)

OK, Can you E-mail replies (I prefere it but you can still post it if you want) to [email protected]

Hope this all makes sense. Im feeling bad right now.
On 1/23/01 1:57 am DogMan wrote:
Is there any way to make a custom Dreamseeker. So I can have a copy of Dream Seeker on my site for download that has a new skin, something so as the Open Location/Open File feature is changed to be a 'Log On to game' option that uses a set location.

At some point we will support skins and such, but right now they aren't a priority. Probably the best way to distribute your game is by choosing "Build EXE distribution" from DreamMaker. That will create a zip file that contains an EXE that anyone can use to play your game. If they don't have BYOND it will direct them to the site, and once they install it your game will load.

The 272 release will also introduce a nifty new way of automatically distributing and unpacking your games. All of this should be quite seamless so even those unfamiliar with BYOND will be able to play your games with minimal effort.

Since our stuff is mostly based off of common dlls, removing the developing environment from the BYOND distributible doesn't really save that much space. It does make sense to have a "player" package, since most users probably won't ever touch Dream Daemon or Dream Maker, so we can try to work on the compression a bit.

Hope this all makes sense. Im feeling bad right now.

Whatever for? People request features all the time! It is our perogative to ignore them :)