ID:138225

I've run into a problem in Maeva with infravision, I probably already asked this, mobs can see in the dark with the seemobs|seeturfs|seeobjs thing on, but then they also see through walls. I just need a bit that allows mobs to see in the dark, but not through walls, sort of like having a big luminance setting, but only for the mob itself. Could a seedark bit be implimented for this? I have a feeling it would come in handy for other games as well.
Another thing I noticed was that the light radii for my torches and such only show up when you can see the light itself, so you don't really know when you're approaching a light. Is this a bug, or just a limitation? I thought it might just be a limitation because you can't set the luminosity over the view area. Thanx again
On 1/18/01 7:51 am DerDragon wrote:
I've run into a problem in Maeva with infravision, I probably already asked this, mobs can see in the dark with the seemobs|seeturfs|seeobjs thing on, but then they also see through walls. I just need a bit that allows mobs to see in the dark, but not through walls, sort of like having a big luminance setting, but only for the mob itself. Could a seedark bit be implimented for this? I have a feeling it would come in handy for other games as well.
Yeah, I could use a seedark bit for my torches in SR. Also, in SR, if you have a torch it lets you not only see wals, but when your blind you can see still see(you can see everything when your sleeping).
I've had to implement my own vision code to make my MUD work the way I want. Basically it's just a variable
mob/vision=1 // 0=blind|1=normal|2=lowlight|3=infravision
mob/hidden=0 // 0=false|1=true

and all the process' which require view() type process' use this as a basis. I haven't completly explored how this will effect the graphic map when a mob is hidden/invisible. I can write the text-based info to not include a mob if it's hidden, but how do I restrict this on the map?

I guess that's what I'll look into next...