ID:138235

I was fooling around last night feeling guilty about abandonning the Maeva project, when I realized why my world would never load. There was way too much lag when my air turfs were trying to find the turfs below them. I've also decided to chop out the top of my world more or less, because Maeva is meant to be dungeon based. Adventures will still take place on the surface, but any adventurer would agree that the best ones take place in the winding catycombs below. I have cable now, so I'll be attempting to host the world myself. I'm writing this in the middle of my computer class so I'll be going now.
I was fooling around last night feeling guilty about abandonning the Maeva project, when I realized why my world would never load. There was way too much lag when my air turfs were trying to find the turfs below them.

It'll be good to see work resume! If you want any help trying to get your air turfs to work faster, just let me know... I'd be happy to try.

(Heh... just two days ago I stole an idea from Maeva for my game: the ability to mount a horse!)
In response to Guy T.
On 1/9/01 9:02 am Guy T. wrote:
(Heh... just two days ago I stole an idea from Maeva for my game: the ability to mount a horse!)

And the National Family Council and the SPCA have already sent out press releases condemning Guy's game! These are desperate horses who really have no ability to say no, you realize.

DerDragon, you should read up (or ask about!) some of the recent changes...a number of things have been made much easier recently, particularly now that we have the layer var.
In response to Deadron
Ok thanx, I've actually been staying somewhat up with your updates, I like the engine, so I was tinkering with it every once in a while. Fortunately, the old code has stayed compatible.