ID:138247

I was showing BYOND to a friend, and after a bit in Cerulea, the game locked up. First just for me, then for both of us. Either that or my connection got really bad, not sure.

Now, we've had GoBs in there for longer than when my friend and I were in, with no lockups, so I don't want to think it's a Cerulea code bug. But who knows? Anyway...

Friend: Dreamseeker has caused an error in MFCA.DLL. Dreamseeker will now close.
Friend: That matter?
Friend: and in Byond.DLL
Zilal: Hmmm! I will note it for the BYOND boys. Did you do anything special?
Friend: Typed Exit, then Quit.

Z
Oh, also... while I was typing away on the command line, I clicked further back in what I was typing to add new letters. Which worked fine, but adding new spaces did not. It would move the cursor to the end of whatever I was typing.

Z
On 12/22/00 7:51 pm Zilal wrote:
I was showing BYOND to a friend, and after a bit in Cerulea, the game locked up. First just for me, then for both of us. Either that or my connection got really bad, not sure.

Darn. Can you provide any more details? I can't really do much with that, except be sad.

Now, we've had GoBs in there for longer than when my friend and I were in, with no lockups, so I don't want to think it's a Cerulea code bug. But who knows? Anyway...

Well, you shouldn't be able to lockup the client from the server. Maybe you had a temporary bad connection that caused some sort of network problem for us. Were you hosting the game on your machine? What was the setup? I'm wondering if the server or the client crashed. You were probably hosting it with DreamSeeker, and then that crashed, and then your friend (who was connected to you) got a crash in their client, right? Or were you both independently connected to the server and had your clients crash without a server crash?

Friend: Dreamseeker has caused an error in MFCA.DLL. Dreamseeker will now close.
Friend: That matter?
Friend: and in Byond.DLL
Zilal: Hmmm! I will note it for the BYOND boys. Did you do anything special?
Friend: Typed Exit, then Quit.

It's also weird that your friends name happens to be be "Friend". Maybe that's relevant. It's late, so I'm not sure.
In response to Tom H.
On 12/23/00 4:18 am Tom H. wrote:
On 12/22/00 7:51 pm Zilal wrote:

Darn. Can you provide any more details? I can't really do much with that, except be sad.

Sure... I could click around the Dream Seeker, but couldn't expand anything, it was like the game was frozen for me. That might just have been my connection. But it lasted for a long time.

Well, you shouldn't be able to lockup the client from the server. Maybe you had a temporary bad connection that caused some sort of network problem for us. Were you hosting the game on your machine? What was the setup?

No, this was the Cerulea that's been up on the server since I fixed that freezup thing that was my fault.

Or were you both independently connected to the server and had your clients crash without a server crash?

They didn't crash in the way I think of crashing. First it froze up for me for a while, and he was fine. The game wasn't responding to my attempts to log out so I closed the Dream Seeker and came back into Cerulea. Then eventually it stopped responding for both of us. The same thing happened (just to me) later when we were playing Sheep II, and I logged out and back in and things were fine.

Z