ID:138259

client
Click(O,location)
if(!usr:temp.Find(O) && !usr:items.Find(O) && !usr:abilities.Find(O))
if(usr.loc == location)
Center()
else
usr.loc = location
else
..()

For some reason, if the player clicks on him/herself, it makes the screen go black. But nowhere in there do I reference the mob as a location, and locating the mob to his own turf would not make a difference... so what's going on?
On 12/11/00 11:23 pm Spuzzum wrote:
client
Click(O,location)
if(usr.loc == location)
Center()
else
usr.loc = location
else
..()

For some reason, if the player clicks on him/herself, it makes the screen go black. But nowhere in there do I reference the mob as a location, and locating the mob to his own turf would not make a difference... so what's going on?

You probably have a case where Location is null (I've found a few in the past) -- trap the value and see.
In response to Deadron
You probably have a case where Location is null (I've found a few in the past) -- trap the value and see.

Yeah, location is apparently null when the user clicks on himself. But how?
On 12/11/00 11:23 pm Spuzzum wrote:
client
Click(O,location)
if(usr.loc == location)
Center()
else
usr.loc = location
else
..()

Is it possible that when you click on a mob, only the location variable is being passed in? And that gets passed into O, and location is left null?

Z
In response to Spuzzum
On 12/11/00 11:42 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Yeah, location is apparently null when the user clicks on himself. But how?

A bug, that's how. It'll be fixed shortly.