ID:138269

I assume there must be a way to automatically submit/process a form someone is viewing in the browser after a certain amount of time, right? I have looked at form.dm but I am afraid of not doing it quite right or calling things with the wrong arguments or something.

Z

I assume there must be a way to automatically submit/process a form someone is viewing in the browser after a certain amount of time, right?

You would need to use Java Script to do something like that. I'll leave the answer up to someone familiar with that beast. Or you might be able to scan the web for some Java Script examples.

--Dan
In response to Dan
On 12/8/00 2:47 pm Dan wrote:
You would need to use Java Script to do something like that. I'll leave the answer up to someone familiar with that beast. Or you might be able to scan the web for some Java Script examples.

Uck! I decided I would do my thang another way, anyway. But I'd figured that whatever proc was called by pressing the submit button with BYOND forms, I could just call that proc.

Z
In response to Dan
JavaScript isn't all that hard to learn. I'm learning it myself, and thanks to BYOND I already know the fundamental principles behind the language... the only thing I don't really know about it is all of the functions it has: IE and Netscape have conflicting opinions on what JavaScript can do!

Eventually you might find a way to use it... I'm considering of using it for Warrior, but I'm weighing the drawbacks of learning the language versus the end results.

(The language pisses me off, though! Not only is it error checking at runtime only, it is incredibly obscure, hard to type, and inconsistent. Thanks, Netscape.)