ID:138288

I've been browsing through Polaris' control centre and the like, and I have four quips:

• I can't find anywhere to change my key gender back to normal.

It says I'm an it. Unlike my late uncle's brother's son's cousin's roommate, who lost his genitals in 'Nam, I'm not a eunuch!

• Key Aliases?

It looks as though you can transfer BYONDimes between accounts; but here are two things that can make it easier:
  • shared BYONDime pools
  • transfer sum of BYONDimes to multiple keys

• Referrals

When can we start? =)

• Password

It's always possible to change, but it's easier if you give us a regular half-assed capitalist way of doing it =)
On 11/25/00 1:04 pm Spuzzum wrote:
I've been browsing through Polaris' control centre and the like, and I have four quips:

Wow, I didn't even think we had advertised that yet. It's not quite ready.

I can't find anywhere to change my key gender back to normal.

It says I'm an it. Unlike my late uncle's brother's son's cousin's roommate, who lost his genitals in 'Nam, I'm not a eunuch!

Yup. You won't find a way to change it on the page there; it's currently a permanent fixture with the key. Don't feel too bad-- I'm an it too.

Key Aliases?
It looks as though you can transfer BYONDimes between accounts; but here are two things that can make it easier:

The BYONDime system is mostly in place (but not in the forefront yet). It's quite easy to pool, spend, and deposit dimes. You'll see.

Referrals
When can we start? =)

Soon.

• Password
    It's always possible to change, but it's easier if you give us a regular half-assed capitalist way of doing it =)

Agreed.

Whoah! How did you find your way into the BYOND account pages?!

I must know: do the colors make you wince? I picked them out myself on my 256 color laptop and was quite proud of them until Tom looked at them and won't stop complaining!

I can't find anywhere to change my key gender back to normal.

Gender changes coming soon!

For the rest of you who do not have Spuzzum's knack for prowling, we will be unveiling a unified BYOND account soon, complete with your own BYONDime wallet, a developer referral system, and an electronic retail outlet for products that you wish to supply (such as game levels/subscriptions or what-have-you). You will also be able to conduct in-game real-time transactions through the new client.PayDimes() procedure.

--Dan
In response to Dan
On 11/26/00 10:00 am Dan wrote:

And what did Deadron tell Dan only days about about security through obscurity???
In response to Dan

I looked at the hosting intro, which led to hosting purchasing, which led to the control centre, which led to my quips. Cool, huh? =)

I must know: do the colors make you wince? I picked them out myself on my 256 color laptop and was quite proud of them until Tom looked at them and won't stop complaining!

Colours look fine to me. Tom bitches too much. =)

Gender changes coming soon!

Good to hear. I will soon languish... er, lavish, in my masculinity!

For the rest of you who do not have Spuzzum's knack for prowling, [snip]

AKA, everyone. ;-)
In response to Deadron

And what did Deadron tell Dan only days about about security through obscurity???

Your comment was the first thing that sprang to mind! Fortunately, the only thing we were hiding was the garish colors that I like but Tom doesn't. That and a minor legality that could get Dantom in hot water! But that should be fixed soon.
In response to Spuzzum
On 11/27/00 12:52 pm Spuzzum wrote:

What the hell is a colour?
In response to Tom H.

What the hell is a colour?

Bitch bitch bitch. =)
In response to Dan
On 11/27/00 2:21 pm Dan wrote:
Your comment was the first thing that sprang to mind! Fortunately, the only thing we were hiding was the garish colors that I like but Tom doesn't.

That neon blue on the BYONDime account page has got to go. It almost made my brain explode. Plus, the default IE color for visited links didn't show up well on it.

Z
In response to Zilal
On 11/27/00 6:38 pm Zilal wrote:
On 11/27/00 2:21 pm Dan wrote:
Your comment was the first thing that sprang to mind! Fortunately, the only thing we were hiding was the garish colors that I like but Tom doesn't.

That neon blue on the BYONDime account page has got to go. It almost made my brain explode. Plus, the default IE color for visited links didn't show up well on it.

They look fine to me. You sure you don't have your monitor contrast pumped?
In response to Zilal
That neon blue on the BYONDime account page has got to go.

You too?! It's a conspiracy! At least Spuzzum is on my side. That's two sensible people against two extremists.

--Dan
In response to Dan
On 11/27/00 8:28 pm Dan wrote:

That's two sensible people against two extremists.

I can't say I disagree with that.
In response to Spuzzum
On 11/27/00 7:41 pm Spuzzum wrote:

I dunno! Are you sure you don't have yours underpumped?

Z

(Underpumped?)
In response to Zilal
On 11/27/00 9:30 pm Zilal wrote:
On 11/27/00 7:41 pm Spuzzum wrote:

I dunno! Are you sure you don't have yours underpumped?

Black is black on mine. Black is greyish on monitors where someone has upped their contrast...
In response to Tom H.
On 11/27/00 9:23 pm Tom H. wrote:
On 11/27/00 8:28 pm Dan wrote:

That's two sensible people against two extremists.

I can't say I disagree with that.

Wait, you're calling me sensible? Um... okay. =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 11/27/00 10:10 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Black is black on mine. Black is greyish on monitors where someone has upped their contrast...

Ah... I try to get my monitor so the black is as black as possible and the white is as white as possible. But there could still be color differences.

Z
In response to Zilal

I re-read Spuzzum's post on how he found the page last night, and still wasn't able to find it... how do you get there? I must be looking at the wrong hosting intro or something.

In the meantime, neon blue sounds like a fine color to me! :)

In response to Guy T.
On 11/28/00 4:23 am Guy T. wrote:
I re-read Spuzzum's post on how he found the page last night, and still wasn't able to find it... how do you get there? I must be looking at the wrong hosting intro or something.

Go to polaris with a key that doesn't have a polaris account and follow the links.

In the meantime, neon blue sounds like a fine color to me! :)

You haven't seen it! It's not the neon blue, really, it's the whole combination of colors. Well. Picture a bright neon cyan block on the forum index page, under everything else, with white and yellow and puke-brown lettering in it. It just doesn't go!

Z
In response to Zilal
On 11/28/00 1:54 pm Zilal wrote:

You haven't seen it! It's not the neon blue, really, it's the whole combination of colors. Well. Picture a bright neon cyan block on the forum index page, under everything else, with white and yellow and puke-brown lettering in it. It just doesn't go!

Three cheers for Lady Z! My sanity is confirmed!

Z is now on the official "save the eyes!" webpage revamping committee. Spuzzum has assurred his permanent status as a spectator.
In response to Tom H.
Three cheers for Lady Z! My sanity is confirmed!

Z is now on the official "save the eyes!" webpage revamping committee. Spuzzum has assurred his permanent status as a spectator.

Tom, you must not have glasses. Maybe my glasses (with their ion shielding and laser cannons) make my webpage experience safer for my vision. Yeah, that's it.

Spectator, huh? I don't want to join your silly campaign anyway. =)
Page: 1 2