ID:138290

First, I was curious what this .byond directory at polaris is. I wonder if there was something posted about it on the forum that I missed?

Second, I have a problem with my cgi-dmb. It's supposed to create/read a savefile, but none is being created on the server. And I know it's getting to that line.

I am trying to test now with the DS to see if savefiles are being created when I run locally (ah, they are), but when I logged out of Polaris and tried to open the file a couple times, I got these errors:

World opened on network port 4567.
Dream Daemon: cannot open file C:\Program Files\B.dmb.
Connection failed.

Dream Daemon FAILED to open port 4567!
Connection failed.

What's all this?

Z
On 11/24/00 11:29 pm Zilal wrote:
First, I was curious what this .byond directory at polaris is. I wonder if there was something posted about it on the forum that I missed.

The .byond dir under unix is synonymous with the byond/users/ under windows, that is, a place to store some config information. Since you are only running servers, and not clients, from unix, though, it won't contain anything of use.

Second, I have a problem with my cgi-dmb. It's supposed to create/read a savefile, but none is being created on the server. And I know it's getting to that line.

Your Poll.log shows that the savefiles aren't getting created because DreamDaemon is starting up in -ultrasafe mode, which disallows file io. Hmm. I believe that on polaris it is supposed to use -trusted, or at least -safe, since it is in your own account. I'll discuss that with Dan.

In the meantime, you should be able to get this to work by making the files in a subdirectory called "Poll", eg: Poll/Poll.dmb. DreamDaemon uses -safe mode when the binary is run from a directory of the same name as the .dmb.

I am trying to test now with the DS to see if savefiles are being created when I run locally (ah, they are), but when I logged out of Polaris and tried to open the file a couple times, I got these errors:

Connection failed.

Connection failed.

What's all this?

I don't know what that is. I think I'll need more info and possibly some files.

I just uploaded a new version of the html library that runs CGI programs in -trusted mode. That will allow your CGI program to access any savefile in your site.

--Dan
In response to Tom H.
Thanks, guys. I'm trying to make a program that will allow anyone to create polls for websites. Looks good so far.

Connection failed.

Connection failed.

What's all this?

I don't know what that is. I think I'll need more info and possibly some files.

I will let you know if it happens again. I should note that there IS no C:\Program Files\B.dmb. In fact, there's no B.dmb anywhere.

Z