ID:138295

I just cannot get my BYOND cgi program to open in a web browser. It keeps trying to open the DS.

I included CGI.dm and form.dm. I put the .dmb up at zilal.byond.com. And even though the CGI library states: "The variable world.executor must be configured to call DreamDaemon with the -cgi execution option. This is done for you automatically when you include CGI.dm", when it didn't work I configured world.executor myself, just in case, but no go still.

What's up?

Z
On 11/20/00 6:06 pm Zilal wrote:
I just cannot get my BYOND cgi program to open in a web browser. It keeps trying to open the DS.

I included CGI.dm and form.dm. I put the .dmb up at zilal.byond.com. And even though the CGI library states: "The variable world.executor must be configured to call DreamDaemon with the -cgi execution option. This is done for you automatically when you include CGI.dm", when it didn't work I configured world.executor myself, just in case, but no go still.

What's up?

Oops. Your account wasn't configured to allow .dmb cgi scripts. I fixed that, but now I notice that the server is having problems launching them correctly. I'm working on it...

Don't test this for now, as each script is spawning a new process. I'll get back to you.

Remove your manual settings to world.executor and try again now that the web server recognizes .dmb as a cgi extension in your directory.

You were probably using -cgi instead of -CGI. Picky! I will probably make those options case insensitive in the future. It is possible that I leaked out the wrong case in some of the documentation. Anyway, you should not have to set it manually. Just include html/CGI.dm and it will work.

Make sure you have the latest html library. An early version of it had some problems.

--Dan
In response to Dan
How about dmb permissions on polaris? I was having to set the permissions manually so I imagine that might come up.

Could the ftp app automatically set execute permission?
In response to Deadron

Could the ftp app automatically set execute permission?

It does. I made that change after you first ran into this trouble. Zilal's problem was simply a matter of not having a .dmb handler registered with the web server in her directory.

--Dan