ID:138305

Ok Im new. What do i use to program and make the graphics out of the three ones to choose from? Um and could anyone help me how to use the programs and the server??

Thanx

~VeGiTa~
On 11/14/00 8:44 pm Vegita wrote:
Ok Im new. What do i use to program and make the graphics out of the three ones to choose from? Um and could anyone help me how to use the programs and the server??

Welcome!

To program AND make graphics, use the Dream Maker. Open it, create a "new environment." Then to program, create new .dm files... to make graphics, create new .dmi files.

As for how to use the programs and the server... I can't be sure exactly what you mean by that. To play the programs that are already *on* the server, open the Dream Seeker and type in "hub". To use your own programs, open the file with the Dream Seeker, or use the build...run command in the Dream Maker when you have that program's environment open.

Z

If you have any questions, you can feel free to ask me. I can be reached at ICQ # 43112724 or at my email address, [email protected]. I'm already devoted to helping out someone right now, so my responses might be sporadic at best. But I'm willing to help!

Of course, feel free to ask other people on the forum... I am, after all, only one person. I'd say 'only one man' but unfortunately I'm only 16... =)

In fact, I'd encourage asking others... I've been with BYOND for one of the longest times, but other people have more experience in other programming languages (like C/C++), which makes them a bit better than me at this. But not a lot better =). (Spoken like a truly conceited Scorpio. ;-)

In response to Zilal
On 11/14/00 10:35 pm Zilal wrote:

Welcome!

To program AND make graphics, use the Dream Maker. Open it, create a "new environment." Then to program, create new .dm files... to make graphics, create new .dmi files.

As for how to use the programs and the server... I can't be sure exactly what you mean by that. To play the programs that are already *on* the server, open the Dream Seeker and type in "hub". To use your own programs, open the file with the Dream Seeker, or use the build...run command in the Dream Maker when you have that program's environment open.

Z

Ok thank you all, I'm gonna make a game and I thank you for what you have helped me with. If I need further help I'll ask thanks!
~VeGiTa~
In response to Zilal
On 11/14/00 10:35 pm Zilal wrote:

Welcome!

Z

And also I need to be a member. Where do i do that?
~V~
In response to Vegita

And also I need to be a member. Where do i do that?
~V~

I'm going to take a guess here and assume you're talking about keys... The first time you open up the Dream Seeker, you will get the option to choose a key ("Guest" will be the default choice). If you choose "new key" or whatever it is, you'll get a window where you can fill in some information.

Z