ID:138309

While I do prefer the current case insensitivity to the past sensitivity, is it possible to make it so that if--for instance--Stone (uppercase) and a stone (lowercase) were both in range, and I type "kiss Stone" I will always get Stone, and "kick stone" will always give me the stone? Or is it already like that and I am doing something wrong?

Z
On 11/11/00 9:48 pm Zilal wrote:
While I do prefer the current case insensitivity to the past sensitivity, is it possible to make it so that if--for instance--Stone (uppercase) and a stone (lowercase) were both in range, and I type "kiss Stone" I will always get Stone, and "kick stone" will always give me the stone? Or is it already like that and I am doing something wrong?

That's how it is supposed to work. I'll test it.
In response to Tom H.
mob/verb/check(O as anything in list("Duck","duck"))
usr << "You chose [O]."

If I type "check duck" it will print, "You chose Duck." Since in Cerulea's parsing system you are really choosing from a list of names rather than a list of mobs and objs, this matters. And I presume it matters in other places and in other games too.

Also... if I have Stone and stone as choices, there seems to be no possibility for expansion. I have to type the whole word out (whichever word I want).

And didn't tab use to expand the verb for you as fully as it could? Like if I have a verb throw(obj/O as obj in usr,mob/M as mob in oview()) and I have only one obj on me, and there is only one mob in oview(), typing throw-tab would expand to "throw book Tom"? Even if it didn't in the past, it would be neat if it did now.

Z
In response to Zilal
On 11/12/00 12:04 pm Zilal wrote:
mob/verb/check(O as anything in list("Duck","duck"))
usr << "You chose [O]."

If I type "check duck" it will print, "You chose Duck." Since in Cerulea's parsing system you are really choosing from a list of names rather than a list of mobs and objs, this matters. And I presume it matters in other places and in other games too.

You are correct, Z. Sounds like a bug.

Also... if I have Stone and stone as choices, there seems to be no possibility for expansion. I have to type the whole word out (whichever word I want).

Yup, that's a bug too.

And didn't tab use to expand the verb for you as fully as it could? Like if I have a verb throw(obj/O as obj in usr,mob/M as mob in oview()) and I have only one obj on me, and there is only one mob in oview(), typing throw-tab would expand to "throw book Tom"? Even if it didn't in the past, it would be neat if it did now.

It should work, but it doesn't. Three for three! Dang.

Will fix!
In response to Tom H.
On 11/12/00 11:58 pm Tom H. wrote:
Three for three! Dang.

I think these are the first bugs in months that weren't actually my own fault.

Z
In response to Tom H.
Will fix!

Speaking of which, verbs in sequence, eg. "lunge;bash;" no longer work. It interprets it as a single verb now. I've tried the other combination I could think of, too: "lunge\nbash"
In response to Zilal
On 11/13/00 12:08 am Zilal wrote:
I think these are the first bugs in months that weren't
actually my own fault.

Z

*DUCK*

I know that feeling -g-.