ID:138311

Could you document some of the error messages in Dream Maker (and Dream Seeker, if it comes to that)? Some are self-explanatory, like 'bad var', but others, like 'maximum number of child nodes exceeded' don't make much sense to lil' ol' me...

Unrelated side note: For some reason, I feel a lot taller and a lot stronger today. It's not because of a girl, either! I can't quite place it... I feel... patriotic or something. Loyal... honest... well, something like that... whatever it is, I like it!
Unrelated side note: For some reason, I feel a lot taller and a lot stronger today. It's not because of a girl, either! I can't quite place it... I feel... patriotic or something. Loyal... honest... well, something like that... whatever it is, I like it!

I think you just went up a level! Go out and hire a henchman. Go on, you've earned it.

On 11/10/00 1:39 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Speaking of the higher virtues... and relating to a conversation last night... later last night someone had to explain to me what Remembrance Day was actually in remembrance of, and I was staggered that I learned none of this in school. I wish we had a solemn introspection-laden Remembrance Day here. The biggest thing we do in the US on Veteran's Day is try to sell more cars.

Z
On 11/10/00 1:39 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Could you document some of the error messages in Dream Maker (and Dream Seeker, if it comes to that)? Some are self-explanatory, like 'bad var', but others, like 'maximum number of child nodes exceeded' don't make much sense to lil' ol' me...

Here's another one I'm stuck with:

'object type filter should be rightmost'

I can't figure out what the heck that means, or any possible way of fixing it.

Here's the line:

var/obj/item = prompt("Here's what we have...") as obj|null in src.wares

I'm presuming it has something to do with the obj|null, but I can't think of how to fix it.
In response to Spuzzum
On 11/18/00 12:57 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Here's another one I'm stuck with:

'object type filter should be rightmost'

I can't figure out what the heck that means, or any possible way of fixing it.

Here's the line:

var/obj/item = prompt("Here's what we have...") as obj|null in src.wares

I'm presuming it has something to do with the obj|null, but I can't think of how to fix it.

The fix is to reverse the order so it reads:

as null|obj in src wares

which means:

as null or (obj in src.wares)

It's not life or death!