ID:138317

When you change the icon_state (and presumably icon, I'm just too lazy to check) of an object in a stat panel, its name and suffix flicker. Can you make it so they don't? Its rather annoying. I'm using the stat panel extensively for interfaces now, and this would make things look a bit better..

-AbyssDragon
On 11/3/00 7:58 pm AbyssDragon wrote:
When you change the icon_state (and presumably icon, I'm just too lazy to check) of an object in a stat panel, its name and suffix flicker. Can you make it so they don't? Its rather annoying. I'm using the stat panel extensively for interfaces now, and this would make things look a bit better..

-AbyssDragon

If Abyss can request that... I have noticed that if I have a few objects showing in a stat panel and I change the name of one of them, it disappears momentarily and all the objects below it move up a slot, then it comes back and they all move down again. And while that's not exactly a gameplay hindrance, it's annoying. I'd understand if the object whose name was being change had to disappear for a moment, but do all the other objects have to move up to take its place?

Z
In response to Zilal
I will investigate both requests. The client could use a lot of flicker-free fine-tuning, but understanding the windows interface API is about as tricky as Canadian spelling!
In response to Tom H.
On 11/4/00 1:27 am Tom H. wrote:
I will investigate both requests. The client could use a lot of flicker-free fine-tuning, but understanding the windows interface API is about as tricky as Canadian spelling!

Oh, shut up, and buy me a chesterfield. Er, that's a couch. =)