ID:138324

1. Easy... Could we please have an input type passwd for the prompt box so that you get * instead of the typed text?

2. Would it be possible to generate client keys from a local server, without making a net connection - I don't need the keys to be valid on the net, just for the LAN they are generated on, therefore the authorisation for the key does not need to validate 'real' BYOND keys (to prevent key clashes/hacks). Are there any options here?

Yes, I have thought of a possible commercial app for BYOND, I'll tell you more if I ever get it working...
On 10/29/00 6:28 am Al wrote:
1. Easy... Could we please have an input type passwd for the prompt box so that you get * instead of the typed text?

That's easy enough to do. It's Listed.

2. Would it be possible to generate client keys from a local server, without making a net connection - I don't need the keys to be valid on the net, just for the LAN they are generated on, therefore the authorisation for the key does not need to validate 'real' BYOND keys (to prevent key clashes/hacks). Are there any options here?

That's trickier, I think. I guess we'd have to hear more about your idea to see what the demand is. With password prompts you could effectively distribute your own sub-keys, so I would think that would work pretty well.