ID:138327

Okay... I believe... when you delete an object inside a proc belonging to that object, the proc just stops and goes no further, with no error message. This was confusing me for a long time because I couldn't figure out why my proc was stopping all of a sudden with no error message. Should there be one?

Z
On 10/27/00 9:50 pm Zilal wrote:
Okay... I believe... when you delete an object inside a proc belonging to that object, the proc just stops and goes no further, with no error message. This was confusing me for a long time because I couldn't figure out why my proc was stopping all of a sudden with no error message. Should there be one?

Z

I have objects deleting themselves all the time -- sure wouldn't want a warning about it.

Unless maybe the compiler could notice that there appeared to be code that would never be executed. Yeah, that would make sense.
In response to Deadron

I have objects deleting themselves all the time -- sure wouldn't want a warning about it.

Unless maybe the compiler could notice that there appeared to be code that would never be executed. Yeah, that would make sense.

Yes, you're right, that's really what would be best. Though the compiler would have to be pretty smart to have caught my mistake... it was a "For (O in [thing the src was in at the time]) del(O)" deal.

Z