ID:138331

I've reasently changed from Win 2k to win 98 for varyus reasons. And I made a full installation of BYOND in win98.
And i wonder how I can use my old key that I used in win2k?

Please Help me!
On 10/27/00 4:03 pm Tyran wrote:
I've reasently changed from Win 2k to win 98 for varyus reasons. And I made a full installation of BYOND in win98.
And i wonder how I can use my old key that I used in win2k?

Please Help me!

For now, after you log into BYOND with your new key, type "@<old key>" and you'll be prompted for your old password. I assume this will only work if you're online... it'll get that key's information from the server.

Besides that, maybe the fellas can help you out...

Z
In response to Zilal
On 10/27/00 4:20 pm Zilal wrote:
For now, after you log into BYOND with your new key, type "@<old key>" and you'll be prompted for your old password. I assume this will only work if you're online... it'll get that key's information from the server.

I don't realy understand what u mean...
Where do I type "@" and what do u mean with logging in w/ new key?
In response to Tyran
Just copy your key.txt file from your old machine to your new machine. Put it in the directory: [BYOND]/users/[your name]/cfg/. If you need the key again we can probably mail it to you. Eventually you'll be able to restore this yourself.

Or just make a new key. That's easier.
In response to Tyran
On 10/27/00 4:25 pm Tyran wrote:
I don't realy understand what u mean...
Where do I type "@" and what do u mean with logging in w/ new key?

All righty... when you open up the version of BYOND that you just installed... when you open the Dream Seeker, I mean... you should be prompted to either log in as "Guest" or create a new key. You can do either of those, I suppose. Once you do that the Dream Seeker will open. If your old key were "Snuzzlebug," you would go to the command line (AKA "the pink type-in window") and type "@Snuzzlebug" and you'll be prompted for the password for that key. Whatever your old key was. I hope it wasn't Snuzzlebug.

I didn't suggest what Tom did because I assumed we were talking about 1 computer here rather than 2.

Z