ID:138335

When someone pages me their name is a helpful-looking link.

Almost every time I got to click on the link to respond to the page -- and it turns out to be a BYOND link connecting me to the world they are in.

I would vastly prefer it if this link popped up a response dialog or whatever is appropriate for responding. It is the less common case that you immediately want to jump to the world of the person paging you.

Actually it's pretty common now, but will be less common as we get more players.
On 10/26/00 12:52 am Deadron wrote:
I would vastly prefer it if this link popped up a response dialog or whatever is appropriate for responding. It is the less common case that you immediately want to jump to the world of the person paging you.

Oh, yes, I always wanted that too, but I figured everyone else liked the current link because... that's how it was. See what happens when you assume?

There can be a compromise here, of course. Page-message windows could have a "join" button, or typing "join" could connect you to the recipient's world. I mean, there is precedent for the former, at least. My AOL IM window has "send," "cancel," "get profile" and "notify AOL" buttons on the bottom. And when you first hit control-I for IM, you get a window with "send" and "available?" buttons. Clicking the latter will tell you if a person is in a chatroom, and let you join them.

Not that AOL is anything to emulate.

Z
On 10/26/00 12:52 am Deadron wrote:

I like it! It should be easy enough.

We can probably do as Z says and put a join option on the send-page dialog too.