I think it would be nice if you could minimize Dream Daemon to the task bar also. :)
It would be a really neat and useful feature to be able to send Dream Daemon to the system tray, since it's just there to idle.

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Unknown Person
I think this has been suggested, don't see how it wasn't, but you can use other programs ,while waiting on this function to be implented, to minimize it. I have Minimizer-XP.
In response to XxDohxX
It has been requested, and yes you can use third-party programs to do it for you. Personally I use PowerMenu, which also has a few other nice features (like being able to make any window stay on top).
In response to Crispy
I've seen quite a few programs with that ability. The one currently on my PC is Actual Title Buttons(with things like Stay on top, different transparencies, minimize to tray), but I got tired of it and don't really use it anymore.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Which ones of theese would be free? I've tried Actual Title Buttons in the past, loved it, but it won't work right with Windows Blinds.
In response to Flame Sage
In case any of you have it...

Windows Blinds has a feature where you can choose to make Minimize, minimize to tray, or the button in top left, right click to minimize to tray.
In response to Flame Sage
I know PowerMenu is free, but I don't know if it plays nice with Windows Blinds or not.
I know this has been suggested many times before, but I'd like to refresh this in the "To add" list.

It would be nice, if Dream Deamon could minimized, in thetaskbar(or whatever it's called) next to the ..clock. Just as the pager. It is rather annoying to have that Dream Deamon window active, while hosting. And what if I were to login to the game I'm hosting? Two active windows for one game? =/ I want this feature added, period! >_>

O-matic
In response to O-matic
i agree with u i am all for it being by either the clock or the start menu
In response to O-matic
Hahaha, props to whoever connected all these posts!
In response to O-matic
I'm gonna pester you about this, because I got a, uh, pretty "Message from Moderator" in the past for doing the same thing. Don't bump really old, huge threads! Such large threads immediately eliminate other posts from view. Instead, make a new thread, with one of those nifty id:000000 links to the thread starter.

On another note, the idea is a good one. Not that I do much hosting, and when I do it's seldom via DreamDaemon, but this would probably increase the popularity of DreamDaemon as the tool for hosting.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Don't bump really old, huge threads!

Actually, he didn't; a moderator took his thread and merged it with a whole bunch of other related threads on the same topic to create one big MEGA-THREAD, presumably to make a point. =)
In response to Crispy
Come on, look at the length of this thing!
You can't ignore this feature the users are after!
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
I'm gonna pester you about this, because I got a, uh, pretty "Message from Moderator" in the past for doing the same thing. Don't bump really old, huge threads! Such large threads immediately eliminate other posts from view. Instead, make a new thread, with one of those nifty id:000000 links to the thread starter.

On another note, the idea is a good one. Not that I do much hosting, and when I do it's seldom via DreamDaemon, but this would probably increase the popularity of DreamDaemon as the tool for hosting.

Hiead

This is why Topic View was invented.
I'm either way on the whole thing, if I actually host via Dream Daemon, I'll use it on the spare computer which does nothing but look ugly, leaving it untouched by prying hands. <.<
In response to Tiberath
there was, at one time, a little freeware program you could download for Windows that allowed you to minimize any program/window to the tray. probably something like 'tray minimizer' in Google will help you find what i'm referring to.

google is your friend!
In response to digitalmouse
TrayIt! is what I found most usefull. It works rather well and is doesn't do anything crazy like add nother minimize button(Rightclicking on the minimize button brings up a menu, ctrl+click minimized to tray, I think)

It is actually a tool I found while looking for a way to put Mozilla Thunderbird in the system tray. I won't call it adware free because it has been a long time since I have used it, but it does still seem to exist.
In response to Scoobert
The best one is called PowerMenu digi its small and its great
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
there was, at one time, a little freeware program you could download for Windows that allowed you to minimize any program/window to the tray. probably something like 'tray minimizer' in Google will help you find what i'm referring to.

google is your friend!

I never knew of such a program. I'll try looking for it, thanks.

Though, I'd still rather have this built-in in Dream Deamon, I don't really like it when I have to do it manually, it's not lazyness but... I dunno what it is, to be honest.

Edit: When I read Scoobert's post, I looked for TrayIt! and found the website.

O-matic
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Hiead wrote:
Don't bump really old, huge threads!

Actually, he didn't; a moderator took his thread and merged it with a whole bunch of other related threads on the same topic to create one big MEGA-THREAD, presumably to make a point. =)

Aww, I wanted to post off the root of this topic, repeating everyone else. =p

I believe it would be better if Dream Daemon had a "Minimize to Tray" button, rather than go there by default.
Page: 1 2 3 4