ID:138353

Don't recall if I'd mentioned this but in case I hadn't:

The icon controls in the icon editor are now useful enough that I'm able to do a lot of work directly in the editor. In particular, being able to rotate and flip icons has saved me many hours of copying and pasting from Paint Shop Pro.

In fact, for my classic game so far I've done all the drawing an animation directly in the icon editor...
That's certainly encouraging. The icon-editor was never meant to be a full-blown graphical program, but it's good to hear that it is useful for some of the common operations. It tickled me that Guy T. sent all of the new Program icons (for the 252 distribution) as a .dmi file.

In response to Tom H.
I finally checked out the icon editor since the colors have been re-ordered... because I was having a hard time making a tan in another program through RGB manipulation. But all the tans are gone! The remaining brownish shades are also a little creepy.

I can live without them. But if it happens to be easy to stick in a row of real browns and tans, well!

Z
In response to Zilal
On 10/11/00 10:42 pm Zilal wrote:
I finally checked out the icon editor since the colors have been re-ordered...

I think "ordered" is a more applicable word. Unless you consider the old-style "random" to be an order.

I can live without them. But if it happens to be easy to stick in a row of real browns and tans, well!

You can always alter the colors yourself by double-clicking on them. And then you can save the palette so that it gets reused as the default everytime. To do that, go to "Export palette" and (over)write "default.dmi" in your [username]/cfg/ directory. (I believe it explains it when you choose the option). Hopefully it actually works (it did pass my one beta-test about a month ago).

Being a California boy, I know the recipe for a perfect tan, but not the RGB code. You'll have to find it for yourself, I'm afraid.
In response to Tom H.
Being a California boy, I know the recipe for a perfect tan, but not the RGB code.

Groan.