ID:138357

Is there any proc that returns a list of all objects within a certain radius of an object that isn't restricted to the world.view?
Is there any proc that returns a list of all objects within a certain radius of an object that isn't restricted to the world.view?

I *think* the view(), range(), et al. commands are actually effective to a range of 2 * world.view. But only Dantom knows for sure!
In response to Guy T.
On 10/10/00 6:25 am Guy T. wrote:

I made a circular implementation of range() and orange() in my s_view library. You'll probably want one of those...

I *think* the view(), range(), et al. commands are actually effective to a range of 2 * world.view. But only Dantom knows for sure!

...if you have a radius smaller than world.view*2+1. As for your nukes (the probable reason you're posting =), I'm afraid you'll have to use the code you have! Either that, or badger them for a new feature. I'll start you off; "FEATURE REQUEST!". There, its all yours. =)

If you're feeling really genious, you could use the block() proc to obtain a cube, then chop off the corners using your code. It'd be a bit faster than world.contents, but not much... you win some, you lose some.

(You might find the s_view code familiar; it was based off of your implementation that you sent me September '99! If you want credit, I can give it to you, but mine only works on the horizontal plane, while yours works vertically, too. =)