ID:138385

The problem I have that makes me redo the path for keys each time I was sure was related to my registry problems but I don't see how BYOND needs to use the registry for compiling? Oh well is there any way to have an option to save options into an INI file rather than the registry since my new laptop has a severe registry problem? Or better yet anyone here know a lot about the Windows Registry and could help me find the problem?

On 9/15/00 2:21 pm Theodis wrote:
The problem I have that makes me redo the path for keys each time I was sure was related to my registry problems but I don't see how BYOND needs to use the registry for compiling? Oh well is there any way to have an option to save options into an INI file rather than the registry since my new laptop has a severe registry problem? Or better yet anyone here know a lot about the Windows Registry and could help me find the problem?

BYOND uses the registry to locate the library directory and key files (for configuration info).

The easiest way to fix things it to uninstall and do another full install; that is the only time we modify the registry. If that doesn't work, then something isn't being written correctly and we can try to find a workaround.

HTH
In response to Tom H.

BYOND uses the registry to locate the library directory and key files (for configuration info).

The easiest way to fix things it to uninstall and do another full install; that is the only time we modify the registry. If that doesn't work, then something isn't being written correctly and we can try to find a workaround.

HTH

Well my registry itself is corrupted so it won't save anymore info to it. I found a program to fix my registrey and reinstalled BYOND and now it's working.