ID:138389

...FEATURE REQUEST! =)

I got a few pages in my email, thanks to the email forwarding when user is not logged on. However;

- Could you add a Ping button, to check if the specified user is actually there?
- Could you pop-up a notification to the person who sends a page, telling them that the user is not online?

Speaking of pop-ups, here's two more, but these are DM related, so go at your own pace... =)

- Ability to have pop-up alert boxes. For example,
--------------------------------------

(!) That procedure is not recommended!

[__OK__] [CANCEL]

that return 1 or 0, depending on what the user inputs. These would be like a prompt, but they would be button-oriented. You know, like the Windows error boxes, but less insidious.

- Ability to remove the darned browser address bar! Ability to remove the darned browser address bar! Ability to remove the darned browser address bar!

(repeating things makes you pick up on them better =)

Anyways, that's all for now. Toodle-oo.

On 9/11/00 6:28 pm Spuzzum wrote:
- Ability to have pop-up alert boxes. For example,

(!) That procedure is not recommended!

[__OK__] [CANCEL]

This would be nice -- I often struggle with not having it. For example, if you try to buy something that you can't afford in a prompt window, I send a little message to the text area -- but that's not where you are focussed and so you will probably miss the message.
On 9/11/00 6:28 pm Spuzzum wrote:

- Could you add a Ping button, to check if the specified user is actually there?
- Could you pop-up a notification to the person who sends a page, telling them that the user is not online?

These are both good ideas. We can improve the pager interface now that it is actually being used. The next release should have some nice upgrades.

- Ability to have pop-up alert boxes.

Yes. I was waiting for someone to mention this. It's quite easy to do.

- Ability to remove the darned browser address bar!

I would like to group a lot these little interface items (browser_address, command_expansion, etc) under the client script language. We'll come up with something that's not too hacky.