ID:138396

Um, I keep getting "Key Expired" when I try to run a program on local port. Even if I make a new key, I still keep getting it. Im just assuming its something I did because I never had that kind of problem before.
On 9/8/00 7:35 pm ebonshadow wrote:
Um, I keep getting "Key Expired" when I try to run a program on local port. Even if I make a new key, I still keep getting it. Im just assuming its something I did because I never had that kind of problem before.

Hmm. It works for me. I just renewed my key not even three days ago, too. If you want, you can try backing up key.txt in your BYOND/key dir (again, back it up first!), then deleting that and logging in with your key manually by typing it in.

You can also email [email protected] to send you a new key, which will prevent any trouble by making mistakes with the above.

(If you're behind a proxy server or firewall, that might be causing it too, because BYOND isn't yet able to compensate for those.)
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/8/00 8:29 pm Spuzzum wrote:
On 9/8/00 7:35 pm ebonshadow wrote:

Hmm. It works for me. I just renewed my key not even three days ago, too. If you want, you can try backing up key.txt in your BYOND/key dir (again, back it up first!), then deleting that and logging in with your key manually by typing it in.

You can also email [email protected] to send you a new key, which will prevent any trouble by making mistakes with the above.

(If you're behind a proxy server or firewall, that might be causing it too, because BYOND isn't yet able to compensate for those.)

Yes, I am behind a firewall but I still never had a problem with it before.
In response to Ebonshadow
Have you ever gotten an option to renew the key? That should happen when you are online (and the dantom server is up). Until then, it will probably bug you with these messages.

We have a better renewal system in setup, where people who use the program more than once a year or so shouldn't get these messages.

I suggest that you mail your key.txt file to us so we can see if we can reproduce the problem ourselves. We'll also send you a new key.

Sorry about the annoyance.