ID:138397

Ooh ooh...at first I was having trouble thinking of how to set up a good team game for L&D.

And now I have SUCH a cool idea.

Ooh ooh!

Now if only I can get it all implemented... (Tonight some time will be spent giving up my EverQuest GM status...we're having a ceremony.)
And now I have SUCH a cool idea.

How about letting me be on Commander Flanders' team and just spend the whole game sending condescending messages to everyone from WorldNet HQ? :)

Now if only I can get it all implemented... (Tonight some time will be spent giving up my EverQuest GM status...we're having a ceremony.)

What would be really neat is if you showed up at the ceremony leading a huge train of deadly monsters! Or naked trolls. Your call.

By the way, it's at 4:00 pm PST, right? I think that works out to 8:00 pm EST... if either of these numbers is wrong, kindly correct me!
In response to Guy T.
By the way, it's at 4:00 pm PST, right? I think that works out to 8:00 pm EST... if either of these numbers is wrong, kindly correct me!

4:00 PST = 5:00 MST = 6:00 CST = 7:00 EST = 8:00 AST

Bad Guy. Oh, wait, kindly. Uh... bad Guy. =)
It's been a night and day of debugging hell to add some of the new features to L&D. But it's been the kind of hell that has taught me some things about BYOND and has improved my code, so I can't complain too much.

Hoping to be ready for tomorrow.

Guy T, any chance we'll see what you've been concocting?
In response to Deadron

Excellent... barring any unforeseeable surprises, I'll be there.

Guy T, any chance we'll see what you've been concocting?

Hmm... there's definitely a chance! If I'm real productive in the next 12 hours or so (well, 6 hours if you don't count sleep), I'll probably put a "sneak preview" on the Hub sometime tomorrow. I don't think it will be fully ready for multiplayer fun until later in the week, though.

(You know what would be neat? If someone wrote a little schedule registry that Dantom could easily snap into the Hub code. So you might log in and get something like this, customized to your time zone:

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, September 13
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST: [Deadron] Lwen is at it again! Newbies and oldbies alike are welcome.
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST: [Gughunter] After a hard day of killing Lwen, why not unwind by visiting Happy Magical Elf World? I'll wait until 8:15, then if no one shows up I'll post a bitter denunciation to the Forum and start learning C++.
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST: [Spuzzum] Don't play Guy's game; play mine instead!

Hmm, maybe I could do it and learn the calendar functions in the Deadron Library. But I've already got a game under construction, a tutorial promised, icons to design for the contest... well, sooner or later someone will build it out of sheer necessity.)
In response to Guy T.

Mee two.

(You know what would be neat? If someone wrote a little schedule registry that Dantom could easily snap into the Hub code. So you might log in and get something like this, customized to your time zone:

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, September 13
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST: [Deadron] Lwen is at it again! Newbies and oldbies alike are welcome.

8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST: [Gughunter] After a hard day of killing Lwen, why not unwind by visiting Happy Magical Elf World? I'll wait until 8:15, then if no one shows up I'll post a bitter denunciation to the Forum and start learning C++.

You don't know C++? ;-)

8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST: [Spuzzum] Don't play Guy's game; play mine instead!

Well, the only multiplayer game I have is Spuzzbomb... heh, I don't think I actually HAVE played that in multiplayer yet. =)

At 8:00 PM EST, I'm eating dinner over here, anyway. =)

Hmm, maybe I could do it and learn the calendar functions in the Deadron Library. But I've already got a game under construction, a tutorial promised, icons to design for the contest... well, sooner or later someone will build it out of sheer necessity.)

I was actually planning on adding a little scheduling system to my private little BYOND Community project that I basically abandoned.

(BTW, if anyone wants the stuff I made, just email me and I'll tell you the "community" key password, the data the key contains in key.txt, and send over what little project code I have. I don't want to work on the system any more, I don't want that key very much, and you can always change the password at any time. First come, first serve, if there's any takers...)

(In the foreseeable future, I can see people selling keys like domain names... I'd give up "Spuzzum" for a couple billion dollars! =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/10/00 1:31 am Spuzzum wrote:

Mee two.

I should be there too. I think we'll have a good sized crowd again. Should be fun.

I'll try to get the newest upgrade out before we meet up; it has a built-in pager that half-works right now. I don't think I can do it in time, but we'll see.

The pager was the last of the annoying pop-ups. The new interface I have in mind should be pretty good, if it isn't confusing.
In response to Guy T.
If I'm real productive in the next 12 hours or so (well, 6 hours if you don't count sleep), I'll probably put a "sneak preview" on the Hub sometime tomorrow.

Well, I was productive, but I've decided I was a little optimistic, especially after trying the full-fledged, playable, non-sneak-previewesque games tonight. Hopefully later this week...