ID:138400

In designing the special weapon for the first boss in L&D, I come up with an extra request for future implementors of missile commands:

The missile proc should allow you to specify an icon that is a "trail". This icon is laid down after the missile goes over a turf, and persists for an animation cycle.

It might be smoke from a missile, or wires, or the wake of a torpedo, or the furrow from some killer worm...
On 9/5/00 12:41 am Deadron wrote:
In designing the special weapon for the first boss in L&D, I come up with an extra request for future implementors of missile commands:

The missile proc should allow you to specify an icon that is a "trail". This icon is laid down after the missile goes over a turf, and persists for an animation cycle.

It might be smoke from a missile, or wires, or the wake of a torpedo, or the furrow from some killer worm...

If I could figure out the bugs in my missiles code, SPL would let you do that; just create a new type (eg, /obj/projectile/rocket) and then in its New() or Move(), add some code that spawns creation of smoke every step it takes.