ID:138404

Well, since you guys have been making a lot of changes, especially to the savefile structure, I lost EVERYTHING I had to a corrupted savefile (which, consequentially, was quite important to the development of a certain MUD creation utility that someone and me are designing for newbie someones =).

Well, I hate to say it, but that makes me mad. 'Nuff said. =\

P.S. Finally! I put my tag on one of my posts again! Ah, that brings back memories...
I commiserate, Spuzzum. Of course, I shouldn't blame dantom for my woes when I wasn't backing up regularly. If I did, I'd have to blame them when the power went out too. Hey, there's an idea...

Z
In response to Zilal
On 9/3/00 3:48 pm Zilal wrote:
I commiserate, Spuzzum. Of course, I shouldn't blame dantom for my woes when I wasn't backing up regularly. If I did, I'd have to blame them when the power went out too. Hey, there's an idea...

Z

Absolutely -- anytime you are in a situation where such a thing can cause you great loss, that just means you haven't been backing up enough.

We all fall into this -- just yesterday I remembered to upload a backup of my game to my ISP because a hard disk crash would have lost me a week of work.

On my hard disk itself I check in a copy of my project, oh, probably 10 times a day.

None of which makes it any less frustrating when something goes wrong.