ID:138420

I think animation in stat panels was discussed once long ago...

Anyway, the deal is that I show a picture of your weapon in the stat panel. Given the difficulty of showing a weapon being wielded and used in combat in 32x32, I thought it would be a very nice workaround to have the weapon perform its attack animation within the stat panel.

But I can't seem to get that working. I tried flick() and just plain setting the icon state, neither of which seemed to work.

Any ideas?
On 8/28/00 1:56 am Deadron wrote:

But I can't seem to get that working. I tried flick() and just plain setting the icon state, neither of which seemed to work.

The current icon should be displayed in the stat panel, so setting the icon state should work. I personally haven't tested this, but have set the icon successfully (witness the many animating icons in the hub, for instance). Changes aren't recognized instantly, though, so you may have to wait a second.
In response to Tom H.
On 8/28/00 9:09 am Tom H. wrote:
On 8/28/00 1:56 am Deadron wrote:

The current icon should be displayed in the stat panel, so setting the icon state should work. I personally haven't tested this, but have set the icon successfully (witness the many animating icons in the hub, for instance). Changes aren't recognized instantly, though, so you may have to wait a second.

Ah, I see that the hub works...which inspired me to play around with my stat calls, and I found out I've stumbled across some kind of bug. The animation works if the stat calls are in one order, fails if they are in another order.

Emailed the files to Tom for testing...