ID:138421

I've been encountering some problems with my large maps with the selection and fill tools. It take forever to box out large areas by just dragging, and not being able to use the scroll bars. Could it be implimented for a selection or fill box to be defined by coordinates or something, if you have a better idea for how to do this that'd be great. It would really help in map making for when I need to copy huge sections from one map file to another for my world map. Thanx again for all the new icon stuff!
I've been encountering some problems with my large maps with the selection and fill tools. It take forever to box out large areas by just dragging, and not being able to use the scroll bars.

This may or may not help, but you can do large-scale selection (fill, select, etc.) by moving to the overview map and holding down the shift key.

Of course, if your map is so big that you can't do things precisely in the overview map, this might not help much -- still, I suspect it might at least reduce your overall time spent.
On 8/27/00 8:30 pm DerDragon wrote:
I've been encountering some problems with my large maps with the selection and fill tools. It take forever to box out large areas by just dragging, and not being able to use the scroll bars. Could it be implimented for a selection or fill box to be defined by coordinates or something, if you have a better idea for how to do this that'd be great. It would really help in map making for when I need to copy huge sections from one map file to another for my world map. Thanx again for all the new icon stuff!

As Guy T. said, you can use the overhead map to do larger selections. You can also (I think) use the arrow keys while holding down the mouse to select scrolling boxes.

But your point is valid: it'll be easy to add in some sort of type in selection field. On the list.
In response to Guy T.