ID:138427

Just sliced up my first image into multiple icons (made much easier thanks to Spuzzum's .grd file), and I gotta throw my hat into the ring for the idea of having Byond read in an image and auto-splice it, making each portion a separate icon state within a .dmi icon.

T'would be a very nice time saver...
Just sliced up my first image into multiple icons (made much easier thanks to Spuzzum's .grd file), and I gotta throw my hat into the ring for the idea of having Byond read in an image and auto-splice it, making each portion a separate icon state within a .dmi icon.

Woohoo! Another precinct heard from. (Oddly, after typing that, I thought that, though it made sense to me, it just didn't *feel* like the exact idiom I was looking for... kind of like typing "A penny saved is a nickel accrued." But judging by a quick Google search, I guess I got it right, though "county" is even more common. Anyway, I digress.)

I know Tom remembers my bizarre example of the "hard way" to bring a sliced icon into BYOND (which involved a man who made a more effective poet than President) so I expect that, at the very least, it's on "The List" -- which according to reliable Canadian sources will bring doom to us all :) . Besides which, I expect it's not too hard to implement (...he said, with the typical arrogance of an end-user).

Tom recently mentioned some ideas about handling "big icons"; for my money, I'd be satisfied with a lot of little, standard icons with varying icon_states, but on the other hand, I expect his idea is pretty cool (in fact, considering the source I'd pretty much bet the farm on it). At any rate, I get the feeling that we'll see some kind of support in the near future. But first I want to buy some copies of The Book!
In response to Guy T.
so I expect that, at the very least, it's on "The List" -- which according to reliable Canadian sources will bring doom to us all :) .

Stop mocking me. =)