ID:138430

Doesn't really count as bug report, so I'm putting it here. For some reason, the library creates more than one entry in the list of boards when I use msgRoom.dm.

Here's the code that I'm using to call it:

mob
Login()
var/savefile/F = new /savefile("forums.sav")
LoadMsgBoards(F)
AddMsgBoard("Forum","The Forum")

So, apparently, AddMsgBoard adds extraneous list entries when it is merely supposed to return the forum.
On 8/23/00 3:21 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Doesn't really count as bug report, so I'm putting it here. For some reason, the library creates more than one entry in the list of boards when I use msgRoom.dm.

mob
Login()
LoadMsgBoards(F)

So, apparently, AddMsgBoard adds extraneous list entries when it is merely supposed to return the forum.

Aw cmon use my Forum...
In response to Deadron
Aw cmon use my Forum...

I would, because you have lots of nice features, but I don't like unthreaded forums. =/
On 8/23/00 3:21 pm Spuzzum wrote:

mob
Login()
LoadMsgBoards(F)

I'm surprised this works at all. You'll want to do:

LoadMsgBoards("forums.sav")

That seems to work in my tests.

(Deadron's forum is more robust, and definitely more stable, though!)
In response to Tom H.
That seems to work in my tests.

Hmm. When I did it that way, it froze up on me when I ran it the last time. That's why I had changed it to this.
In response to Spuzzum
On 8/23/00 6:06 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Aw cmon use my Forum...

I would, because you have lots of nice features, but I don't like unthreaded forums. =/

Oh well, I basically can't stand threaded forums, so I'm not implementing one!