ID:138447

Just a couple of questions about the overlays var for objects.

1)Do you have to manually display the images in obj.overlays or is it done automatically?(ie. Do you have to add a line like this: world << obj.overlays)

2)Since they are part of the obj's vars do their icon_state vars change along with the obj's icon_state or must their
icon_state be changed manually?

I think that's everything....
On 8/8/00 12:34 pm Manifacae wrote:

1)Do you have to manually display the images in obj.overlays or is it done automatically?(ie. Do you have to add a line like this: world << obj.overlays)

It's done automatically. Overlays behave just like additional 'icon' vars.

2)Since they are part of the obj's vars do their icon_state vars change along with the obj's icon_state or must their icon_state be changed manually?

Their icon_states change as the main icon_state changes (ie- there is only one icon_state for the object). We thought that would be most convenient.

Sound good?
In response to Tom H.
On 8/8/00 2:57 pm Tom H. wrote:
On 8/8/00 12:34 pm Manifacae wrote:

It's done automatically. Overlays behave just like additional 'icon' vars.

2)Since they are part of the obj's vars do their icon_state vars change along with the obj's icon_state or must their icon_state be changed manually?

Their icon_states change as the main icon_state changes (ie- there is only one icon_state for the object). We thought that would be most convenient.

Sound good?

Sweeeet... So let me get this straight. If I do this

usr.icon_state = "fight"

then everything in usr.overlays switches to to the fight
animation as well?