ID:138449

...it's easy for BYOND to keep track of how long a player has been inactive? Not entering any commands or moving at all, I mean?

Z
On 8/8/00 11:31 am Zilal wrote:
...it's easy for BYOND to keep track of how long a player has been inactive? Not entering any commands or moving at all, I mean?

Z

I guess you'd just have to create a date stamp proc and then make sure that it got called by Move() and any verbs that you created. Then you could test the mob's stamp date against the current. It would be a useful var if dantom fancied coding it in (maybe for turf and obj as well).
In response to Al
On 8/8/00 11:53 am Al wrote:
I guess you'd just have to create a date stamp proc and then make sure that it got called by Move() and any verbs that you created. Then you could test the mob's stamp date against the current. It would be a useful var if dantom fancied coding it in (maybe for turf and obj as well).

With hundreds of verbs in my game, I hope dantom fancies coding it in!

Z
In response to Zilal
On 8/8/00 12:23 pm Zilal wrote:
On 8/8/00 11:53 am Al wrote:

With hundreds of verbs in my game, I hope dantom fancies coding it in!

I like this. We could have:

client/activity // number of ticks since last operation

I don't think that's too tricky. I'll bug Dan.