ID:138459

Playing Diablo 2 lately, and one real nice effect is when a mob gets a cold spell cast on it.

First cold spell turns it blue and slows it down a bit.

Second cold spell makes it REAL SLOW.

Third cold spell stops it in its current motion (which can be pretty funny).

Anyway, I'd love to do something like that also...but it occurs to me that animation speed is set within the .dmi file.

Would it be possible to allow for setting of animation speed during the game?

A complication would be that I wouldn't want ALL instances of that animation to slow down -- just the specified one.
On 7/29/00 7:39 pm Deadron wrote:

Would it be possible to allow for setting of animation speed during the game?

You are talking just visual speed (not actual movement speed), right? In that case, I 'm pretty sure you're correct that you can't do that currently. You could probably hack something together by explicitely setting the icon on an increasingly-laggier timer, though.

We won't be able to provide a high-level solution for at least a little while, but you can be encouraged that a couple of nifty graphics features are just around the corner. We had a little discussion about a couple of things we could do to give a little visual control to the designers and concluded that they weren't that hard to implement. So look forward to that (clue: the "make the guy bluer" part of your freeze routine should be easier with this in place).

In response to Tom H.
(clue: the "make the guy bluer" part of your freeze routine should be easier with this in place).

Quoting myself (countless times), "WOOHOO!"