ID:138470

I have a Unix shell account and some free space and was wondering how to do this. Can I just load up the dmb file or do I need to make a startup script like a mud?

-James
On 7/26/00 10:34 am jmurph wrote:
I have a Unix shell account and some free space and was wondering how to do this. Can I just load up the dmb file or do I need to make a startup script like a mud?

-James

You have to use the Dream daemon. There is an HTML file with instructions in the Byond/lib directory.
I have a Unix shell account and some free space and was
wondering how to do this. Can I just load up the dmb file
or do I need to make a startup script like a mud?

-James

I think what you'll need to do is load the linux version to the shell acount and run a bash command to execute dreamdaemon with the world.dm file. The instructions that come with the linux version explain how to set it up and I'm assuming that it would be similar for the shell account.

- -

-James

If you are using linux, download the appropriate binaries and read the README. Basically all you have to do is install the program and the do:

DreamDaemon [world.dmb] [port] &

If you are using a different flavor of unix, tell us what it is and we'll try to compile a version up.
When you get it running let me know and I'll add it to the FAQ's.

- -