Space Station 13

by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
ID:1385519

Hey guys,

I've been at this for a few days, and I wonder if anybody can help me.

Okay, so, here's my problem.

I downloaded a fresh copy of SS13 - Baystation12 and compiled etc. However, I wanted to enable job whitelisting.

In the config I changed the following line from this:

"## Set to jobban everyone who's key is not listed in data/whitelist.txt from Captain, HoS, HoP, CE, RD, CMO, Warden, Security, Detective, and AI positions.
## Uncomment to 1 to jobban, leave commented out to allow these positions for everyone (but see GUEST_JOBBAN above and regular jobbans)
# USEWHITELIST"

To this:

"## Set to jobban everyone who's key is not listed in data/whitelist.txt from Captain, HoS, HoP, CE, RD, CMO, Warden, Security, Detective, and AI positions.
## Uncomment to 1 to jobban, leave commented out to allow these positions for everyone (but see GUEST_JOBBAN above and regular jobbans)
USEWHITELIST"

However, it doesn't appear that it turns on the whitelisting.

I've already re-compiled it and I've tried everything I can think of.

To add another level of strangeness. When I disable the AI, or make any change to the Config file, it doesn't seem to recognize the change.

This build comes with an "example" folder. I believe I need to copy the required files from there and paste them into the correct directory, which if I am not mistaken is:

\Baystation12\Config\\

If anybody can offer me some help, or throw me in the right direction, please do so. I've tried for two days straight and I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Many thanks,

Xia
Hi,

I don't use a job whitelist on my server, however, I can help you with your config files.

Just to help you understand it a bit better, the only lines that are really important there are:
# USEWHITELIST
to
USEWHITELIST
(Everything before it is simply a comment to explain to you the purpose of previously mentioned "Commands")
Anyway, you are correct, yes, you'd want to copy everything from the "Example" folder into the main config folder, and if you'd like to edit jobs via the "jobs.txt" in the config, you -must- enable the following line in the "config.txt":
# LOAD_JOBS_FROM_TXT
to
LOAD_JOBS_FROM_TXT
This will tell the server to use the "jobs.txt" rather than the "jobs.dm" in the code.

Best of luck, enjoy yourself,
~Purlek.
In dream daemon go to jobs.dm go to the bottom of it and erase everything except command positions