It doesn't, really. I just thought it was a cool name :) I studied forestry in college so that's where these things got into my head... I'm also working on a game called Xylem

I could make a stretch and say that it sounds like "Flow" and that the main point of the game is the flow of particles...

Anyway xylem and phloem both transport things through plants; Xylem is primarily for water (and some nutrients) whereas phloem is for sap, which includes the sugar created during photosynthesis.
In response to Megablaze
Review Preview: I think the main problem is jumping doesn't have any invincibility frames tied to it so it works poorly as a dodge. You have to get right up in someone's face to hit them, but you can't quickly get out of the way when they go to attack.
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
So I named my game "Phloem" and made a hub (with very minor updates). Trying to maintain some momentum after the jam...

Yeah. I've been plugging away at my entry also. It still has a lot of room to grow and improve.
Hmm...
It hasn't even been a week yet. Let's all just stay calm.
I can't wait to read the reviews. This is my first real game release that I am proud of (I made 2 other small ones in other GiaDs or GiaWs, but nothing special), and I'd love to get feedback so I can improve.
I think everyone's suffering from a little bit of gun-shyness from the previous contests-that-shall-not-be-named.

But still... Hurry up! lol
That can't happen unfortunately, because then people will be really mad if something happens and the results have to be delayed.
Just waiting on the last judge to submit his reviews before I can post the results topic. Sorry for the wait.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
Just waiting on the last judge to submit his reviews before I can post the results topic. Sorry for the wait.

Which one is the culprit that we must now publicly shame? lol
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Writing A New One wrote:

Which one is the culprit that we must now publicly shame? lol

I laughed so hard when I read this. I read it in a funny accent as well.
still better judges than dariuc
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:

To similar to other Dariuc insults you've made before. You're disqualified.
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
Vrocaan wrote:

that's racist
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Jittai wrote:
Vrocaan wrote:

that's racist
Originality has nothing to do with race.
In response to Void Games
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17