Alright. I'll see what I can do. I was kind of thinking of being a judge, though... Maybe I'll just make an ineligible entry?

BYOND Key: SuperSaiyanGokuX
Time-zone: EST
Likelihood of project submission: If I manage to get started on it, I will finish it. It's that first hurdle that might trip me up...lol
Would you prefer it if the contest was extended to 7 days or are you content with 4? Well, I've already voiced an opinion on this. I'll vote for 7 days.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
BYOND Key: Ease
Time-zone: GMT
Likelihood of project submission: 90%
Would you prefer it if the contest was extended to 7 days or are you content with 4? 7 days would be preferable; but four is fine.
I'm leaning towards 2 weeks at the moment, based on feedback I've received. I hope the extra time won't deter people from submitting an entry... since more time usually entails a larger project scope (and thus a bigger chance of in-completion!)
BYOND Key: A2J2TIWARI

Time-zone: GMT +5:30

Likelihood of project submission: Depends upon collaboration. However I'll try to finish it and submit it

Would you prefer it if the contest was extended to 7 days or are you content with 4?

A week seems enough to me.
------------------------------------------
If anyone interested in collaborating, please add me on skype: a2j2emerald
The prize fund has doubled thanks to an anonymous donation! This means that there are now five prizes instead of three, making it a lot easier for entries to grab a prize if they're up to scratch. =)

I've added a 'recent news' section to the OP so I can keep you all in the loop of any changes. We are going to stick with 2 weeks instead of 4 days.
Another kind donation by Ter13 has put the total prize fund at $500! Very pleased by the amount of support.
I'll be a reviewer if you're still looking for people. Can't wait to see the games this contest turns out :)
I am currently leaning towards something like this for the prize pool:

$200
$120
$90
$60
$30

($500)

The feedback regarding the prizes has been mostly split down the middle. A few people have said they would prefer more prizes so that everyone has a shot whereas others think that the amount of entries may not warrant a range of prizes and that it's best to keep things focused.

What would you guys prefer? Should we restrict it at no more than 5 entries?
4th and 5th place are for the kids that only snort glue half as fast as the rest of us.
I'll have you know, Vrocaan, that I moved on from glue to sterno squeezed through a sock long ago.

Honestly, top-heavy prizes will stimulate more effort, I think. Usually maybe 7-10 entries make it through after initial commits, because codejams are hard to maintain due to scheduling conflicts and getting mired in details. If you are going for a two week contest, I'd say 5 prizes being a little larger are a good idea.

$200
$150
$100
$50
$25

Even then, I think prize 4 and 5 are a little superfluous, but... You know. If you get any more donations, I'd say make runner-up prizes 6/7 should be 1 and 2 year BYOND memberships, respectively. That way BYOND at least sees a little benefit from this aside from just having some buzz about the new features.
This sounds so interesting!!! Good luck everyone!
BYOND Key: Higoten.
Time-zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Likelihood of project submission: Reasonably certain.

Good luck to all participants, judges, and supporters involved in this event!

BYOND Key:Travylleb
Time-zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Likelihood of project submission: 60%
BYOND Key: Danny Roe
Time-zone: GMT
Likelihood of project submission: With 2 weeks, probable.
BYOND Key: Aaiko
Time Zone: CST
Likelihood: 0.1%
I, Zane, and SulLight will be Participating.

BYOND Key: Ishuri

Likelihood: 99%

Time Zone: EST
I'm getting excited.

List of confirmed participants thus far:

Makeii
Albro1
Megablaze
Magicsofa
Chris Gayle
Bumblemore
D4RK3 54B3R
Ter13 (That's me!)
Flick
SuperSaiyanGokuX
Ease
A2J2TIWARI
Higoten
Travylleb
Danny Roe
Aaiko
Ishuri, Zane, and SulLight
Fugsnarf
Tobba
Doohl
Branks
Kidpaddle45
SSj4justdale
Orange55
Kumorineko
Jittai
Pirion

That's 27 confirmed, and the list of participants is looking promising!
I'm definitely participating with two weeks.
BYOND Key: Tobba
Time-zone: GMT+1
Likelihood of project submission: 25%
I'm getting kinda hyped. With this prize pool growing, my college stomach is telling me to go to the ends of the earth if it means getting something done for this.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 17