All things in nature observe a balance.
Except humans, we have a free will to create or destroy as we deem fit.
That implies we also need to balance ourselves, or have others show us why it's important to do so.

Extremity isn't just detrimental to others, it's also detrimental to oneself.
You eat too much unhealthy food- no matter how you love it- and it will eventually kill you.
Drink too much soda, and you'll suffer health problems. Of course this is only if you- say eat these things all the time, for years or months even sometimes.

Personality is the same way, you need to be balanced, you can't dwell in simply one area of your mind or soul, because when you do that it causes the other areas to suffer, wither or die.

This in effect makes you less than what you could have been, since five categories rating with a 5 is better than four categories with a rating of 0 and a single category of 10.
a=5
b=5
c=5
^ obviously better.

a=1
b=10
c=1
^ obviously worse.

In short, hinging on a single ideal blinds you from seeing the whole picture. It causes one to only persue what they have a mind to see. Following that notion, you alienate others, because you only see what you want to see or hear what you want to hear- or act the way you want to act.

Stray down that path too long and you will find that no one is around you, if your ideals are too far removed from others, and that you've actually done more harm than good because of a perceived "higher viewpoint".

"When you look from the sky, you can't reach the ground or any that it holds, when you look from the ground, others see you as beneath, when you look with your eyes, your mind and your soul, you see what is."

I don't think it matters. This post will get slammed down now matter what I would probably say, likely. The signs are quite prevalent, in fact.
thats because they are law-bound chaotic evil conformists
*sigh*... tally another reason to head to the sources. But even they would be corrupted.

Where to head to when just about everyone opposes...
In response to Developous
Developous wrote:
*sigh*... tally another reason to head to the sources. But even they would be corrupted.

Where to head to when just about everyone opposes...

4chan
I don't think it was ever brought up but... what/who are you trying to save/do you think needs help?
The corruption found in every gaming place. Within my mind's eye, the corruption in the gaming industry is rampant and sinister.

By far too many gaming sites care only for their own place for one. That, and my belief cores have been violated by far too many times in the first place.

I'm hoping to bring real values back into gaming. Not just for enjoyment, but purpose as well nowadays.
Values such as?
Love, mercy, prudence, and honor.

But I always side on the dark side of the coin, with people forcing me to conform or get banned.

Being chaotic, the going belief with the enemy is that I'm the very OPPOSITE of what I claim to be. And often, that's how people interpret my actions.

But... it's not what's found on the outside in this case - but what's WITHIN. The part that feels for others, and cares for such.

... but scarce few care about INTENT - judging by action. So, I've become quite the pariah in most sites.
What do any of those have to do with a game like tetris?
Emotions. I learned the hard way about what matters in appreciating games. So, me even playing a game for a brief period of time is a very strong compliment in it's own right.

For example, I really liked your survival game.
Out of curiosity, how can there be a proper way to appreciate something?

Seems awful objective to classify someone else's independent experience of a thing as being incorrect.
HOW do you guys understand what he's saying?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Out of curiosity, how can there be a proper way to appreciate something?

Seems awful objective to classify someone else's independent experience of a thing as being incorrect.

A proper way? You have only to look within other's and your own mind to find a proper way, considering both the logical and emotional side of things. Yes, even convincing the sworn opposition. The key here is to have an open mind no matter how painful it may be. But that doesn't mean you need to accept nor like it, just respect his perspectives.

But if the opposition doesn't care, let alone lives in suspicion and/or mistrust - I almost guarantee enmity and/or hatred.

Cubanbling wrote:

One way too help that is to decipher whether to take it literally or abstractly. I frequently think on the abstract side of things, however.
In response to Cubanbling
Cubanbling wrote:

Oh my god I'm glad someone said this, he has terrible sentence structure and grammar, it's confusing as hell. I never see anyone mention this, but they reply to him as if it's the most natural thing in the world (appart from him making nonsense arguments in "abstract and non-literal" ways).
Having studied some latin it's more important to think of the "ideas" of the words in an extrapolating sense.

But it's not easy especially since it feels like he's having fun with a thesaurus half the time - try focusing on one segment of one sentence lol.
In response to Megablaze
Megablaze wrote:
Cubanbling wrote:

Oh my god I'm glad someone said this, he has terrible sentence structure and grammar, it's confusing as hell. I never see anyone mention this, but they reply to him as if it's the most natural thing in the world (appart from him making nonsense arguments in "abstract and non-literal" ways).

I can kind of gather where he's going with his ideas. It's just so unusual to see someone able to accept so many self-refuting and contradictory ideas without being burdened at all by the weight of cognitive dissonance.

It's fascinating the most clinical of ways.
We've also been interpreting for almost ten years now. I think he often has very interesting ideas, but they sort of get lost in the random. Kind of a shame. I've always pulled for him to transfer some of that quirkiness into a successful game.
^Indeed, the first time I encountered Developous, he had this game, where you had to navigate a maze, and make it to a book in the middle. You were then allowed to write in a wish.

The idea was, people make it to the center, and give Developous an idea to implement into the game. The maze is remade, but harder, rinse/repeat.

Brilliant/insane idea, unfortunately, he never bothered to add anything to it.
In response to Cubanbling
Cubanbling wrote:

After a while of reading what he says, you lose enough brain cells and can eventually understand him.
Page: 1 2 3