ID:1387461

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 23.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try to play a game (Eternia Roleplay: Prologue) The usual byond window pops up with the message 'connecting...' or 'your game will begin shortly' but it never starts.

This happened all of a sudden, I was playing and byond started to randomly disconnect from the aforementioned game, I could reconnect a few times, but now I am unable to do it.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Start the game Eternia Roleplay: Prologue by clicking on 'join'.

It will start to connect, but my computer won't download the game or any updates from it.

Expected Results:

Connect to the game, download the resources from it, play.

Actual Results:

Unable to connect, the window shows the typical message of 'connecting' or 'your game will begin shortly'. After 10 minutes it says 'connection failed.'

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?: Every time since this morning.
In other games? No as far as I've tested.
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Not tested.

When does the problem NOT occur?
If someone logs into my account from another computer and a different IP they can play the game correctly. (tested with a friend)

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

It started occuring randomly on version 499. It worked perfectly on 499 before, I didn't update to version 500.

I tried to uninstall Byond, clear cache, install version 498, 499 (again) or 500. Problem persists
Workarounds:

@whoever looks at this: If there is anything I can do to identify whether or not this is a BYOND bug or an Eternia bug, let me know.
Byond lets me sign into Eternia now, the bug disappeared randomly, so I guess it was something about Byond's hub. I am not sure though.
Stephen001 changed status to 'Unverified'