ID:138963

Code:
world
map_format = ISOMETRIC_MAP
icon_size = 54

Problem description:
Hello. Today I changed my map to isometric and noticed and some strange lines (Screenshot). I went to map editor to make sure it's not bug in my code, however there was same problem (Screenshot). My next thought was icons, wrong again, empty map has them too (Screenshot). Just to be sure I made new map and they're still here (Screenshot). Is there any way to fix this?
This is odd, but try using a world icon_size of 64 and not 54. Post a screen shot, see if that fixed it. It's probably not the fix you were looking for, but I assume that it has to do with the unbalanced number of pixels.

[Edit] Yup, I just confirmed that, that was the source of your problems, just set it to 64 and adjust your icons accordingly, It'll look just fine.

Always make sure that your icon_size is equal to a number divisible by 8. If not, It'll give you that awkward map layout, and make it look like garbage.
In response to Danbriggs
It did get fixed. However I need 54, not 64 =|
In response to Zaoshi
I'm not sure what to tell you, what you need and what the tool will give you are two totally different things. I would do either 64 or if it's really going to kill you, 56 would be your closest bet. If all of your icons are set in 54, I would go ahead and redo them, because there's no way you can use that type of sprite resolution with BYOND and make it look good.
In response to Danbriggs
Guess I'll have to use 56, sadly.

Thank you

Edit:
Arghh I cannot resize icons properly -.- Impossible to make a game without ability to icon...
In response to Danbriggs
If they allow you to use arbitrary icon sizes, they should support arbitrary icon sizes without graphical glitches.
This is a bug, and the original poster should post a bug report to get it fixed.
The reference clearly states that you should use a tile width that is a multiple of 4 when dealing with isometric icons. There is no way otherwise to properly display the diamond pattern.
In response to Complex Robot
Complex Robot wrote:
If they allow you to use arbitrary icon sizes, they should support arbitrary icon sizes without graphical glitches.
This is a bug, and the original poster should post a bug report to get it fixed.

This is not a bug. It is impossible to display icons in an isometric grid when not using a tile width that is a multiple of 4. The reason for this is mathematically obvious: The tile one step to the east has to be offset by width/2 to the right, and width/4 down. Therefore the reference states in no uncertain terms that this is important when using isometric mode.