ID:1390551

BYOND Version:500
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 29.0.1547.76
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I click on "Play Now" for any game in IE or Chrome, nothing happens. I looked at my protocol associations I don't see byond:// and when I searched the registry, I can't find byond:// anywhere.

I'm trying to add byond to the following regkey:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssoci ations

I'm not sure what the dword value is supposed to be though.
uh, I posted another comment in here but its not here.

I updated to the latest version and after it was running, same problem.

I deleted the two registry entries I had added while trouble shooted and restarted BYOND and now its working.

Note: I had tried restarting BYOND before but nothing changed. I think the fix was to install latest and force a restart.
Glad to know Im not the only one. When I click "Play Now" on any game, it doesn't actually do anything. I've deleted my browser's cache and cookies(Google Chrome) to check if I had made a mistake and didn't allow BYOND to prosecute correctly. I went and changed it to allowed and it doesn't do anything. I've tried reinstalling among many other things and it works whenever it feels like it.
This has happened to me occasionally. Sometimes 'Play Now' or 'Download'ing a library does nothing. Sometimes the pager seems to stop receiving updates from the forum. I still get game/friend updates through the popups, but my feed tab doesn't update. Some combination of restarting Byond and/or Chrome always fixes it, though I'm not sure exactly how.
If the feed tab isn't updating, I don't think that's connected at all to the protocol issue.

The protocol loss is baffling to me, because it sounds like something is actively screwing with people's systems. Once installed, that simply shouldn't go away. Out of curiosity, PopLava, which antivirus software are you using?
It seems that this also happens for me, but only using Google Chrome. Using Firefox or Internet Explorer, it works fine. It might be worth seeing if it works using another browse.
Ok this is completely irrelevant but BYOND is probably being attacked. It is behaving suspiciously(Like me being logged into my key and it recognizes me as Guest..(I logged in a game, it showed me the ads and I'm like what.. then it displays in the game Guest has logged in) So I exit BYOND and enter it again. This time it tries to spam open many windows connecting to a game until I used task manager to stop it. Sorry for getting out of topic, I don't know if this is BYOND's doing or just my computer.
In response to Blast3r
That sounds a lot like you have a virus (almost certainly something you already had). I recommend running Malwarebytes and Avast right away to see what turns up.
Alright I'll try it out with Norton, thanks
Use Malwarebytes as well. It sometimes catches things your antivirus won't.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
If the feed tab isn't updating, I don't think that's connected at all to the protocol issue.

The protocol loss is baffling to me, because it sounds like something is actively screwing with people's systems. Once installed, that simply shouldn't go away. Out of curiosity, PopLava, which antivirus software are you using?

Not using any anti-virus and I very well could be wrong about the missing protocol. I don't see the BYOND association under default programs even though things have been working. The latest update broke it and then upgrading to the latest again fixed it.
Yeah, 1210 broke byond:// for me, but 1212 fixed it. Didn't use 1211 at all.