ID:139096

Code:
/obj/Grindingweel
name="Grinding Wheel"
icon = 'objects.dmi'
icon_state = "grinder"
verb/Sharpon()
if((locate(/obj/dragonsword/) in usr.contents))
src.damage += 4

Problem description:

Error is i can define objects verable even though i already did help
In response to Matrix128
Well in this case, the "src" is your obj, the weapon, and you're trying to add a total of damage 4 to this object, since the usr is the one "clicking" the verb, adding damage of 4 to the usr should help. Also, /obj/Grindingweeel is a path, this isn't actually defining the obj, grindingweel,

obj/Grindingweel
name="Grinding Wheel"
icon = 'objects.dmi'
icon_state = "grinder"
verb/Sharpon()
if((locate(/obj/dragonsword/) in usr.contents))
usr.damage += 4

should do it but I'm not quite sure what vars you're having trouble declining, if you could post the actual errors it would be quite helpful.
In response to SolarNews
src.damage

undifined var help
In response to Matrix128
Yeah dude, read what I said above, you'll see why.
In response to SolarNews
it says undefined verable i have tryed src and user both failed what now?
In response to Matrix128
have you defined damage?

mob/var/damage=number you want here
In response to Matrix128
Define damage. I imagine you're trying to increase how much damage the sword deals, so add to that variable. If that variable isn't defined, define it.

http://www.byond.com/developer/articles/start

If you don't understand the concept of properly defining objects and variables, you should probably read a few tutorials before trying to make a game.
In response to Kenpachi12
i know how to defind but i can read objs var for some reason i can only read players
In response to Matrix128
A mob variable doesn't apply to objects, it only applies to mobs. If you define mob/var/damage, only mobs will have a damage variable. If you define obj/var/damage, only objects will have it.

If you want everything to have access to a variable, simply define var/damage.

The same holds true further down the line, defining mob/player/var/damage will only give mob/player the damage variable, while defining mob/monster/var/damage would only give it to monsters. This becomes useful to know when you start working on projects that involve a lot of different variables/procedures.

For example, if you only want the player to be able to pick up certain types of objects, you could define:
obj/item/verb/Get()

This would cause only objects of the obj/item variety to have the Get verb, meaning you can't pick up trees or projectiles(provided you define them under another type). It also means you only have to define the verb once, so you could do this:
obj/item/verb/Get()
obj/item/var/weight
obj/item
apple
orange
potion
sword

obj/landscape
tree
rock

And the apple, orange, potion and sword objects would have the Get() verb and the weight variable, but tree and rock wouldn't.

I still suggest reading at least ZBT, as it explains a lot of the basics of programming with BYOND and would help you understand what is going on better than my explanations would.