So... They impose a one-game per week limit? And this is somehow a problem?

There's ultimately no issue here. They've got every right to impose a one-game-per-week limit (if only to prevent the forum from being flooded by a bunch of pointless topics from people who start something, get bored and drop it, then try to start something else), and you should not be hurt by that. It should not cause you pain or suffering.

To put it bluntly, it's no big deal.
Not when a person's intents are just to provide a decent game in the first place. Think about the emotional side of things.

Yes, I'm aware of the abuse they see, but a spammer would more than likely be MUCH worse than just flinging out games left and right most of the time.
Moderation is difficult enough without trying to throw in a case-by-case evaluation of intent and whatnot. It's far easier for the rules to just be enforced along black and white lines. It makes moderation much easier, much more fair, and much less open to criticism from most users.

Sure, it'd be nice if there was the luxury of moderation taking into account intent, but it's just not feasible.
It wouldn't take much to tell the difference between a spammer/attention whore and otherwise. I know that from experience.

Also, actually, I've gained some experience to determine some intents. Not every intent, but some.
Only if the moderators are also familiar with the users. Many large forums have very impersonal moderation.

Around here, for instance, we're all acquaintances, users and moderators alike. And the moderators are more likely to cut certain users some more slack (favoritism? perhaps, but more like "I've come to know this user well enough to know that they meant no harm, or that it was only a temporary, out-of-character lapse"

But on a larger forum, the moderators may be much more removed from the community. They have no ability to judge any of the users based on their knowledge of their character (because they genuinely don't have any knowledge of their character). And thus, the rules must be enforced on a very strict basis.

Adding to the matter is forum traffic. Again, comparing to here; this forum is relatively quiet. A moderator here can read virtually every post made in a day (perhaps a struggle, but possible) And they may have plenty of time to fully evaluate intent and make a reasoned judgement on what action to take.

But on a much more active forum, it is virtually impossible to keep up with incoming posts/threads. The task is so difficult that it leaves no time to personally evaluate each potential rules offense. The trigger is just pulled automatically.
Actually, I've learned a lot about such actions.

Most abusers are often extreme cases. I haven't seen very many situations where an abuser would subtly just slink around practicing their ways.
lol
You play by the house rules or you find a new house to play in.

Websites are essentially offered services, privileges the people running the website have decided to extend to you, the potential user.

As they are the ones providing the service, they decide the terms under which such services are provided, what constitutes acceptable use of the service and so on. You as a user could ask for changes to this arrangement, but don't misunderstand, you are asking, they can and may decline, for no reason even, if that's how they want to roll. You have no rights or entitlement with regard to websites.
By that perspective, you have no right to force my beliefs either. I find that offensive, especially as I care to do the RIGHT thing to do. I cannot stand anyone living in ignorance - including myself.

It's that kind of perspective that gets me banned, creating a deadly serious enemy. But look - I'm more than willing to at least try to reason, even if our beliefs are in opposition of each other.

While I DESPISE control and force, I care deeply for JUSTICE, truth, and honor.
I don't force beliefs. I, as a moderator, merely exclude people, temporarily or permanently, who would (intentionally or otherwise) disrupt the peace or cause trouble for BYOND. That's a privilege the people running BYOND's website bestowed upon me by making me a moderator. This is the same with all moderators and their respective websites or services.

If the arrangement set up between moderator and website / service operator is one that a user doesn't like, the user has the ability to go elsewhere.

The user doesn't really get any room to reason with the moderator or website operator beyond that which such parties are willing to extend. This is entirely the point, the user doesn't get to stipulate the terms by which the website operates.
The military fights for justice, and has truth and honor values in it, but it is very controlled and is a "force" to be reckoned with. ;)
I used to conform, and where did it get me? It only slammed my own principles down. It would be a pity that we couldn't see eye-to-eye, but as far as I'm concerned - it's YOUR loss not to have me.

I'm too civil to run away from what I see as a problem, and I have the discipline and wisdom to back up my beliefs.

Think about what you would be loosing carefully if you condemn me. Not just another member, but a potential FRIEND, even if it's hated.

{P} - love
1. There is nothing more honorable than the sacrifice of oneself for the greater good.
2. The value of a human life is priceless.

I am aligned CHAOTIC GOOD.

.. your too LAW oriented. And just like the rest of the people out there, your a conformist. Thanks for indicating your an enemy that cannot respect/understand me.
In response to Developous
Can you please, please, please just stop? It was cute and funny at first, but now it's just pitiful.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Can you please, please, please just stop? It was cute and funny at first, but now it's just pitiful.

This is how he operates. He did it before when he used to make games here. Now it just seems like he makes pointless rants, and really provides no valid arguments to them.
I'm still not sure if he is really Empirez in disguise or not.
Alright. I think today, we all lose.
In response to Developous
Developous wrote:
I'm too civil to run away from what I see as a problem, and I have the discipline and wisdom to back up my beliefs.

I don't want to nitpick, but you've definitely shown your wisdom in this thread. I'd recommend the "run away" option for future reference.

Think about what you would be loosing carefully if you condemn me. Not just another member, but a potential FRIEND, even if it's hated.

If you want to be a potential friend, then you should work on whatever issues you seem to have. This post is just one example of someone I wouldn't want to be friends with. You've mainly been making posts for the sake of ranting.

.. your too LAW oriented. And just like the rest of the people out there, your a conformist. Thanks for indicating your an enemy that cannot respect/understand me.

The initial post clearly showed you cannot respect basic rules on other websites. It's hard to respect someone who can't respect basic rules, let alone others.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Alright. I think today, we all lose.

I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy. You're a winner in my eyes. :)
Page: 1 2