In response to Candle_Jack_9000
if you looked close enough you can tell its not shaded at all let alone pillow shaded...
If you looked close enough, the head is shaded.
In response to Albro1
the head is not shaded i looked at it in ms paint OwO

I am referring to the image he posted in 53

http://prntscr.com/1wpu9k

http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/pillow.gif

that is pillow shading which he has not done yet OwO
That is pillow shaded, you can see by the fact theres two different colors besides the outline and that darker color is just around the outline.
In response to Jittai
Not all dark colours around the outline = pillow shading.

if you look at the example you can see pillow shading it progressively gets lighter as you get closer to the center, he only has one shade and might i add not around the whole head/body.
In this case, they are right, void. It's a dark pillow. The face shouldn't be shaded on the right side as well as the left. The fact that it traces the whole outline except the very top makes it pretty pillowy to me.
In response to Ter13
I know it should not be around all the head but what if the focus of the light was behind the head? where the top would be lighter while the rest would be a little darker?

Edit you also have to remember its no where near down or close to being shaded maybe he has not picked a focal point for his light yet?
In response to Void Games
Void Games wrote:
I know it should not be around all the head but what if the focus of the light was behind the head? where the top would be lighter while the rest would be a little darker?

Then I'd say it's a horrible choice of lighting, and it'd still be wrong, because the light would create a halo over the back of the head, meaning the left side would not be shaded as well as the right.
In response to Ter13
Yes, it would be he should go look at some of the tutorials i found :d they explained a lot about lighting
In response to Mastergamerxxx
Mastergamerxxx wrote:

as you can see i suck horrid
 photo DGiDWdI_zpsee7a33d8.png

body portions are a bit off but you get the picture ;)
It's not that bad, just the legs are a bit too lean't. That back hand is bugging me too.
In response to Void Games
Dude, you need to know human anatomy before you can know how light affects it properly.
ok so this is my edit i made i think its much better but probly needs more tweaking

It's not bad, I just can't help but feel like you are over-emphasizing the chest, and under-emphazizing the head. Also, dem shorts is pillow-shaded.
It wasn't about putting the anatomy onto the base, it was about knowing how light affects a person's head when it hits it.
A wild edit appears.

Btw stop trying to define the parts so much g'damn.and highlight things as you see until looks good don't plop bright dots where it should be dark.
A wild neck appears more like it. Nice edit.
lol i never was good with shading in regards to pixel art really
what about like mouth and eyes any secrets to that?
well i could do the eyes lol .. and on an Base that small i wouldnt reccomend an Mouth..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5