ID:1394732

BYOND Version:500
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 30.0.1599.69
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
All of the new pager version (the ones with the black backgrounds) crash when I login with certain accounts.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Receive messages. Login to pager. Feed beeps. Crash.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time.
In other user accounts?
No. Only ones that have received messages.
On other computers?
No.
When does the problem NOT occur?
When I log into a new account.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Ones that used the old (white) disabled pager worked.

Workarounds:
Logging in on older, disabled pagers.
Do you have any crash details? The Windows event log should have something.

When you say all of the newer pagers do this, are you including 499.1204?

I also recommend, if you haven't done so yet, rebooting your system. Sometimes issues like this are a sign of system instability and go away after a reboot.
I think I may be experiencing this too on the actual beta version. The stable BYOND version has that keyboard input lagging issue so I had to switch to the beta version, where they fixed it. A new release got out a few days ago and now, upon logging in and listing my online friends, BYOND freezes and doesn't let me do anything, not even manage my bookmarks in it's proper bookmark window, etc, so to get to my favorite games, I have to start BYOND, and quickly before it finishes logging into the pager and listing my online friends, hit the bookmarks and pick my favorite server. I can't change back to stable version either cause it has that keyboard problem so... Could you at least push out the keyboard input fix patch to Stable?

If it helps I'm on Windows XP SP3...
Stephen001 changed status to 'Unverified'