ID:139544

New problem lol. Figures...huh? Ok so I got past the first issue but now my code-tree is getting alot larger and a common problem i'm noticing now is that as I go back and add in new code to program the game on what to do, i'm now getting several errors for indentation which is forcing me to try to readjust the indentation until its right but it only seems to make it worse...what am I doing wrong?

mob/verb
say(msg as text) //what the usr says is passed into "msg" as txt
world << "[usr]: [msg]" //the world sees chatroom-like output
smile()
world << "[usr] smiles."
laugh()
world << "[usr] laughs."
cry()
world << "[usr] cries \his heart out." // \his applies users gender.

I had the above which shows without error but according to Zalil's Guide 1, as soon as I add in:

attack(mob/M as mob in oview(1))   //attack a mob within 1 tile of you
usr << "You attack [M]!" //send this message to the usr
oview() << "[usr] attacks [M]!" //send this message to everybody else
var/damage = rand(1,10) //assign a random # to a new variable
world << "[damage] damage!" //tell the damage to the world
M.HP -= damage //take away the damage from M

Now, i'm getting all sorts of indentation errors. Is there a better way to avoid the issue or should I just not bother with Zalil's Guide anymore? I tried typing it and I tried copy'n'paste and same problem always arises. I can normally fix it but after all this....it is becoming a pain!

Your indenstions are all off.
In response to Darker Legends
That means, TAB.
In response to Ocean King
I used the tab button and nothing else. I am gonna go back through all my coding and double-check that tabbing is used just to be sure though.
In response to Deygus
Er. You have to use the tab button at the start of the code line. When you do for example:

mob/verb/A()

And you want to put a if() after that mob/verb/A() you have to press the TAB Button then put if(), which would look like this:

mob/verb/A()
if()
space works completely fine too... You just gotta make sure not to [mess] it up... But yeah I'd recommended using tab for beginners..
In response to Enic
Yes, but you can use whatever you want. It's not for beginners or "experts".
In response to Deygus
I would recommend pressing Control+T or turn "Options -> Show Tabs" on.
I didn't say it was for beginners or expert. I said I recommend tab for beginners.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Ah, that helps alot! Thanks! Yea I was way off on several of my indentations. Not sure how I let that happen but it shows I did it. Thanks again!