ID:1395904

Not Feasible
Applies to:Website

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Hello! I would like to request that webpages accessed from BYOND should be opened in the current browser open in a new tab, instead of a new window.

I usually have a webbrowser open while working on my game, It would be convinient to have the BYOND webpage open on my current browinsg window.

Thankyou for your consideration!
What browser do you use? I use Chrome + various mobile browsers and the action in all of them is to open in a new tab.

This is likely something on your end that needs reconfiguring.
Topkasa is correct, all browsers that use tabbing have an option for 'single window mode' which has all new windows open as a new tab, there's no functionality that exists that can force a page to open in a new tab; it's entirely up to your browser to handle that.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
I'm sorry, maybe this should have gone into bug reports instead, I should have looked into it more.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w675/zxcvasdqwe123/ InternetExplorerTabs_zps0aa163c3.jpg

This is my Internet Explorer 10 Option.

At the bottom is the option used to handle new windows with tabs. Whenever there is a pop-up, it opens in a new tab, and from other programs, I have it to open new tab in the current window.

This works fine (opens a new tab in the current window) for my other stuff like Skype or Google Earth, but not BYOND applications.
We're launching the browser by looking up the proper setting in the registry, and then running a new process by calling the command as given. For example, that's usually in this form:

"[browser exe file]" "[url]"

If IE is failing to properly add URLs launched in this manner to its existing window per your settings, that's really an IE bug. It's a universal expectation that all browsers should handle URLs this way.

However, if there's another way to handle this via a workaround as programs like Skype seem to be doing, I'm perfectly happy to implement it.

[edit]
A quick Google search reveals IE 10 does in fact have issues in this area, though I don't see why some programs don't trigger it but others do, unless they're using a completely different browser launch method. In case maybe your settings are in a weird state, I'd try changing this setting for external programs, applying it, then changing back.
I reset my options, but I still have the same problem.

Then I have tried a lot of programs to see if they had the same problem, and every one I tried opens webpages in a new tab in Internet Explorer, even really old ones like JoyToKey.

I do like Internet Explorer a lot. I would really appreciate the workaround!
In response to PkMax
PkMax wrote:
I do like Internet Explorer a lot.

I would've never thought I'd ever see someone say this x-x
In response to PkMax
PkMax wrote:
I do like Internet Explorer a lot.

Bahahahaha!

Nice one. Props.
Ouch. Whats up with you guys @_@...

I really do like Internet Explorer, and the interface is my favorite!
In response to PkMax
It's OK, man. I feel ya. I preferred a lot of things about IE over other interfaces, but they changed it to be more like those and I didn't care that much, so I switched. You get used to chrome pretty easily. There's ups and downs each has.