icon_state = "vault door 1(Open)"

else
open = 0
flick("vault door 1(Closing)",src)
density = 1
opacity = 1
icon_state = "vault door 1(Closed)"

Problem description:
So i need help cuz whenever i do the open animation it just shows black where the ground under it sposed to be. whats wrong?
I'd say it has with the animation to do.

look in your .dmi file and see that the parts that are supposed to be transparent are in fact transparent.

if they are, check to see if you've placed the vaultdoor correctly on the map. (using ctrl?). meaning, check if the ground tile still is underneath the vaultdoor icon. the vault door might be covering the ground when it's shut, so it would seem to be okay, but as you open it, it turns out you've replaced the ground tile with the vault door, instead of adding/placing the vaultdoor above it (using ctrl?).

In response to Jarquille
i know its not the animation because even before I had the animation it did that. and I checked each .dmi and icon state and there all transparent where there sposed to be. how do you change the way you place stuff again? i dont remember
In response to Kakashi153
If, in the map file, you place a turf that completely covers every pixel of the turf under it, the one under it gets deleted. That's probably what happened, if you closed to sprite completely covers the floor underneath.
In response to Pyro_dragons
to place it without deleting the underlying turf, you need to use either ctrl or shift. i don't remember excactly myself so just poke around, I'm pretty sure its ctrl though.
In response to Pyro_dragons
Pyro_dragons wrote:
If, in the map file, you place a turf that completely covers every pixel of the turf under it, the one under it gets deleted. That's probably what happened, if you closed to sprite completely covers the floor underneath.

Actually, the default action is to always replace now, due to isometric mode making it difficult to determine whether the new turf's icon completely covers the old turf's icon.
In response to Jarquille
CTRL click adds to the top layer, just clicking will replace the other turf.

also im curious why you are setting its layer in that code, unless your doing something special there should be no need to change its layer, layer 7 seems a bit high for a door.