ID:1396600

Is the shading right? Yellow arrow is Focal point for the light.
You don't need to keep making new threads about the same thing. And that's the Breeze base by the way. And on top of that, the shading is not right.
It does look a bit odd, I can't help in much sense as i'm a pretty bad artist who has not done any pixel art in quite a few months, and even before that i was horrible at shadeing. :(
My attempt looks something like this.:

I toned down your shading, and applied some sel-out.

I also moved the highlight to make the head look more rounded and give more emphasis on the facial features.
In response to Jordan11
Breeze base? and i was asking if that was the right way to shade it?

EDIT: i just goggled good bases to practice shading on, i was wanting to know if i was getting the idea right, i don't plan on using it(i might but i only found a front state to try it out on.)
In response to Ter13
Whats sel-out?
Selective outline.
In response to Ter13
you mean where you make parts darker and lighter depending on the light source?

EDIT: where you make parts of the outline*
Yes. It helps you to keep from losing detail to the outline, and brings the outline into the shape itself, rather than just pointing it out.
In response to Jordan11
Btw, i did some research it seems the breeze base is a free resource anyone can use, so i don't see a problem using or practicing on it, to get the idea of shading right, i most likely will use it since it seems like the base i have been trying to make, i might change some things, like make it a bit bigger but the credit for the original outlining and base would be to the onwers.
In response to Ter13
so for the most part the shading was right? Could you tell me which part i had wrong and why? Oh, and what is AA commonly used on?

Edit: Breeze made the perfect outline but ruined it by pillow shading, something i plan to fix if i use it.
I tend to not use outlines, so if I use them, solid outlines require some sel-out to avoid shrinkage of details.

As for what I fixed on yours, I left the lighting was too extreme, so I reoriented the lighting to above and to the right a bit more.

One of the things you have to remember, is that light bounces, and thus surfaces nearby will re-light your objects from underneath. The only cases where you will have such huge differences between your specular highlights and your shadows, is in a situation where a relatively powerful, but unfocused spotlight is the only thing illuminating your subject.

Thus, I re-shaded the head and face.

And here's where some really tough advice comes in:

Being realistic is overrated. If the lighting is perfectly realistic, you are going to miss out on your chance to portray style. Even though the shading on the face of what I showed you is wrong, I'm attempting to bring highlights to the face of the sprite, simply because the face is an expressive quality of a sprite, and will obviously draw more attention that say... The feet.

Sometimes being correct isn't quite as good as understanding when you can break the rules and get away with it.
In response to Ter13
What are the pictures there so pose to show me? about the outline?
They are just samples, which show that I don't tend to use outlines.
In response to Ter13
i looked at how you changed it i see some parts are left intact while others arnt changed much other then the amount and the bounce off the light was added?
You really only need outlines if you need to separate two similarly shades/tints of a color and perhaps use a non black outline on top of that. Depends on what kind of pallet you want really.