Event Oct 14 2013, 9:00 pm
to Nov 10 2013, 9:00 pm
ID:1398939

Hello BYOND community!

So I have noticed that my membership is about to expire in 15 days, and I'm not necessarily active enough in the community to consider a renewal at the moment. Too many outside obligations which keep me fairly busy.

I do enjoy and fully support the development of BYOND, and with the recent 500 release along side the inclining contribution movement, I wanted to pitch in my own contributions to BYOND... with the last remaining membership time that I have.

That being said, I am raffling an HP S2031 20" LCD Monitor (pictures below) in effort to raise some potential money for BYOND.

This monitor is barely used. After buying this monitor, I was quickly able to upgrade my equipment which allowed me to purchase additional monitors twice the size, leaving this one to sit unused.

What does that mean for you? For a 5$ raffle ticket that you can purchase here through PayPal's donation button, you will be entered into the drawings automatically via your supplied email address.

This is an effort for BYOND contribution, feel free to donate more than 5$ to the raffle ticket. A MINIMUM of 5$ is needed for you to be entered into the raffle.

If I can raise enough money with this, it will all help BYOND out and at the same time get one of you guys a 20" MONITOR! One person will be picked from the tickets at the end of the event, and I will contact them for shipping information.

So here's the deal. Visit my site and click the donate button. Remember, 5$ MINIMUM will buy a raffle ticket. Any additional money will be going towards donation. Payments are made through PayPal.

If I receive payment from your PayPal, I will use your account's email to enter into the raffle. If you pay by credit card, please supply a good email address at which I can contact you (if you are the winner).

I will be drawing the raffle on November 11th, results will follow the next day.

Whats $5 dollars? You spend $5 dollars and help contribute, and in return you get this 20" Monitor! For five bucks? That's a no-brainer.

looks like your just trying to make money to me.
Yeah that's generally the point. Make a little money and give something in return.

I wont personally be buying in since I could't FIT a fourth monitor anywhere on my desk, but I wish you the best!
I'm in, why not. I'll probably forget about it before November 11th comes around though.
Looks like your the only one so far. I was hoping to atleast make the price of the monitor back, come on BYOND ! Chances of getting this monitor are pretty good so far.
Ehh. What the hell. I've entered. As long as the money goes towards BYOND, I don't see any harm in having done it.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
I found a bunch on ebay for $30.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=HP+S2031+20%22+LCD+Monitor&_s op=1

I found a bunch of them with the buy it now price for working ones starting at $70.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=HP+S2031+20%22+LCD+M onitor&_sop=15
You guys are missing the point of a raffle. This is mainly to raise money for BYOND, not to find the cheapest price on a monitor. The added perk is possibly getting a monitor for donating to BYOND.

So you can donate 5 bucks through the main donation page, or you can donate 5 bucks for a ticket, and have a chance to win a monitor. While the money goes to the same place anyways.
So how many entries have there been so far?
I put $5 down, cause y'know: ride or die.
In response to Magicmann
About 4 so far, just enough to cover shipping... heh

I might just offer a membership, I really thought more people would be interested in this. There are still 11 more days left, so who knows.
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
About 4 so far, just enough to cover shipping... heh

I might just offer a membership, I really thought more people would be interested in this. There are still 11 more days left, so who knows.

Which is exactly why I didn't buy a "raffle" to this scam if you're not going to offer up the original prize. :)
What? So how did you figure I wouldn't offer the original prize? And since when is a donation to BYOND a scam?
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
What? So how did you figure I wouldn't offer the original prize? And since when is a donation to BYOND a scam?

What he's trying to say is..

You said "Give me $5 and I'll give you a TV." Then you said, "I might just offer a membership, I really thought more people would be interested in this. There are still 11 more days left, so who knows."

You basically just took their money, and using it on something totally different from what the original idea was. Someone could sue you, be smart about things.
I'm still offering the monitor, I never changed the deal, if you read that more carefully. What I wanted to know is why he figured I wouldn't offer the original prize from the start, which is what his comment implied.
Let me simplify...
What I gather, is that OP is still giving the monitor prize, but is simply going to buy someone a membership with the money that's left.
Yes, since that's all the money that has been received, I was thinking about giving somebody a membership with the money & sending the monitor to a random person. This way, the money will still be donated AND somebody gets a membership while another gets a monitor.
This would make sense only if all the money you raised went to BYOND. Since it seems to me that's not what you're doing, but instead trying to make money on something you don't need anymore under the guise of supporting BYOND, I'm not sure why the mods haven't deleted this thread never mind people actually send you money.
In response to Airjoe
But the money IS going to BYOND, I'm assuming. I think he was hoping there would be enough to cover shipping as well as make a decent sized donation; but instead there is only enough to cover shipping and gifting someone a membership.
Page: 1 2 3